- The Enemy Within. Buetow, Mike // Circuits Assembly;Dec2007, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p4
The author comments on several issues in the electronic circuits industry in the U.S. He criticizes the practice of the U.S. electronic industry of dumping their electronic wastes to China and other developing countries. He mentions the acquisition and subsequent restructuring of Kester and...
- Cookson Exits the Assembly Equipment Biz. // Electronic News;11/17/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 46, pN.PAG
Focuses on the termination of Speedline Technologies, the electronics assembly equipment business of Cookson Group PLC as of November 2003. Reason for its exit in the equipment business; Financial details; Specific market areas targeted by Speedline.
- Speedline Technologies Sold. // Circuits Assembly;Dec2003, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p6
New York City-based KPS Special Situations Fund LP has acquired the stock and related assets of Franklin, Massachusetts-based Speedline Technologies Inc. from Cookson Group PLC, for a total consideration of $10 million. Speedline's management will continue to manage the company, under the...
- In Brief. // Circuits Assembly;Mar2002, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p10
Reports developments on electronic industry in the United States as of March 2002. Announcement of the opening of the design center for analog integrated circuits by the International Rectifier in Quonset Point, El Segundo, California; Agreement between NEA Inc. and Speedline Technologies;...
- Back-End Deals Take APEX Spotlight. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;1/28/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p2
Focuses on the electronics-related issues and updates discussed in the APEX exhibition and conference held in San Diego, California in January 2002. Information on the strategic partnership between Speedline Technologies and Assembleon; Business expansion plans revealed by Tyco Electronics;...
- 'How Flexible Can You Be?' Buetow, Mike // Circuits Assembly;May2005, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p12
The article informs that Speedline Technologies has bought itself out from Cookson Electronics in 2000 for an estimated $10 million plus other considerations. Hoover's estimated Speedline's 2005 revenue at $118 million, and the company acknowledges topline growth of 65% last year. The company is...
- Just for Show. Buetow, Mike // Circuits Assembly;Jun2006, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p34
The article focuses on the Nepcon China trade show at the Everbright Convention Center in China. The Chinese companies are relegated to the top floor of the Everbright Convention Center, for which they pay a lower price than their better-known competitors but are located far from the action....
- Cookson Exits the Assembly Equipment Biz. // Electronic News;12/8/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 49, pN.PAG
Deals with the plan of Cookson Group PLC to close its electronics equipment business Speedline Technologies and concentrate on its core materials business. Operating plan for Speedline; Sales of Speedline in the first nine months of 2003; Operating loss of the company.
- Speedline and EKRA Enter Legal Battle. // Circuits Assembly;Jan2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p8
Reports that Franklin, Massachusetts-based Speedline Technologies has filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Marlborough, Massachusetts-based EKRA America Inc. in the federal District Court in Boston, Massachusetts. Reason for filing the lawsuit; Date of result of the lawsuit in the court.