Push or Pull?
- A Breath of Fresh Air. Flower, Gail // Advanced Packaging;Sep2005, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p7
Discusses the highlights of the SEMICON West meeting in San Francisco, California. Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Inc. (ASE) President Tien Wu's presentation of an outlook for advanced packaging; Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International's (SEMI) mid-year capital equipment...
- Electronics Market Looks to Semicon West. Van Arnum, Patrica // Chemical Market Reporter;6/2/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 22, pFR14
Focuses on the implications of the sluggish growth in the semiconductor industry for the Semicon West, the annual trade show and exhibition sponsored by the Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International. Improvements in silicon wafer shipments during the first quarter of 2003; Value of...
- From San Francisco to San Jose, Semicon West returns. Higgins, Amy; Koucky, Sherri // Machine Design;7/10/2003, Vol. 75 Issue 13, p28
Presents information on the exhibitions and conferences sponsored by Semicon West for the semiconductor-manufacturing industry in California. Wafer Processing exhibition; Final Manufacturing exhibition; Technology Innovation Showcase.
- What goes down comes back up. Jones-Bey, Hassaun A. // Laser Focus World;Oct2005, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p19
The article reports on the highlights of the 35th annual Semicon West conference and exhibition in San Francisco, California. The event coincided with a forecast of a 12 percent decline in the capital-equipment market. There was a decline in the overall attendance figure which totals 43, 815....
- A few lessons from ISS. Goode, Barbara G. // Solid State Technology;Mar2008, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p10
The author comments on the challenges of the semiconductor industry as discussed at the symposium of the Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI) in January 2008 in California. She relates that Lam Research Corp. president Steve Newberry believes that the industry tends to...
- The consumer is king at SemiCon. Lerner, Ivan // Chemical Market Reporter;7/25/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 3, p25
The article presents information about the 35th annual SemiCon West meeting. Attendees at the conference differed on the semiconductor industry's current health, but agreed on the importance of the consumer market. They also noted a trend toward increased collaboration and outsourcing. Volume is...
- scope. // EDN;6/7/2007, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p106
The article offers information on Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International's annual West Coast conference to be held in San Francisco, California, on July 16 to 20, 2007.
- N. Amer. Semiconductor Equipment Industry Posts Jan 10 Book-to-Bill Ratio of 1.20. // CircuiTree;Mar2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the orders worth 1.13 billion U.S. dollars posted by the North American semiconductor equipment industry in January 2010 and a book-to-bill ratio of 1.20 for semiconductors, according to January 2010 Book-to-Bill Report published by Semiconductor Equipment and Materials...
- SEMI Reports 3Q10 Worldwide Semiconductor Equipment Figures; Billings USD11.1B. // CircuiTree;Jan2011, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p10
The article reports that worldwide semiconductor manufacturing equipment billings reached 11.12 billion dollars in the third quarter of 2010, according to Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI).