Our web poll
- Medicare revises nonphysician employee service billing... // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jan97, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p9
Announces that providers have more flexibility to comply with Medicare's `incident to' service billing requirements under revised Medicare Carrier Manual instruction released in November 1996. Nonphysician employee who performs `incident to' services; Content of the Social Security Act...
- How to use modifier -25 for separate E/M services. Dunlap, Polly // Geriatrics;Jul95, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p58
Answers readers' inquiries on issues concerning the evaluation and management service by physicians under Medicare. Coding of a patient's pre-diabetic condition as a preventive visit; Need for using a modifier by a medical office denied by Medicare for billing spirometry.
- Medicare changes you need to know about. Murray, Dennis // Medical Economics;1/29/96, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p23
Discusses changes in Medicare that affects physicians in the U.S. Rules for teaching doctors; Payment of medical services; Medicare conversion factors; Use of emergency medicine codes. INSET: How to get the Federal Register..
- Why I've been on Medicare review for seven years. Alper, Philip R. // Medical Economics;11/25/96, Vol. 73 Issue 22, p151
Talks about the author's exchange of letters with Medicare. Alleged violation of arcane billing rules; Three categories of mistakes caught by Medicare's discerning eyes; Response of the author to Medicare review.
- Docs want anti-kickback guidance. Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;07/06/98, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p9
Focuses on the creation of legal guidelines for the federal anti-kickback statutes requested by physicians involved in the Medicare business. Options included in the Medicare+Choice of the balanced-budget law; Problems associated with insurance coverage option choices; Role of physicians in...
- Geographical Variations in Medicare Spending. Shine, Kenneth I. // Annals of Internal Medicine;2/18/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 4, p347
Editorial. Discusses the implications of regional variations in Medicare spending for physicians in the U.S. Distribution of physicians and hospital beds; Development of algorithms for treatment of a specific condition by physicians; Relationship between patient and physician.
- Access the Internet for current PQRI codes, Medicare updates. Brownlow, Charles B. // Primary Care Optometry News;Mar2009, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p8
The article advises optometrists to access the Internet for updates on the Physician Quality Reporting Initiative (PQRI) program of Medicare in the U.S.
- Doc `down payment'? Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;07/28/97, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p22
States that primary-care physicians will experience an increase in their Medicare practice compensation in 1998. Views of the physicians on the increase; Value of the increase; Details on the contention of specialist and surgeons to the data HCFA used to develop the practice expense schedule.
- Hey, HCFA, what'd you do with my money? Herring, Charles L. // Medical Economics;03/09/98, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p165
Looks at the views of the author, who practices internal medicine, while highlighting a case involving Medicare, who decreed that some of the author's testing was `medically unnecessary.' Identification of some of the health care problems which the patients had; Indepth look at the case from...