- THE DYNAMIC INTEGRATION OF STOCK AND BOND RETURNS IN AN EMERGING MARKET: EVIDENCE FROM THE SOUTH AFRICAN FINANCIAL MARKETS. Ogum, George // International Journal of Business Research;2009, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p78
This paper examines the dynamic correlation between daily stock and bond returns of South Africa using the multivariate GJR GARCH with DCC framework for the sample period April 1, 1996 through December 31, 2001. We find that the correlation is time-varying and mean-reverting. The average...
- Comment on "Corporate Bond Yield Spreads in Recent Decades" Lam, Thomas // Business Economics;Jul2004, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p68
Presents a comment on an article about the state of corporate bond yield spreads in the U.S. Concern on a statement about the changes in yield spreads; Movements in bond prices and stock prices; Analysis of imperfect cyclical indicators of movements in stock prices.
- Copper Producer's Bonds Rise With Price Of Metal. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;May2007, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p78
The article reports that the $6 billion bond of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold has risen due to the price increase of copper. The sale of the said bond was launched to partially fund U.S.-based mining company Freeport-McMoRan's $26 billion cash-and-stock purchase of Phelps Dodge Corp. It has...
- Orange County, Fla., Pricing Part One Of Two-Part $308M Tourist Tax Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/11/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32627, p3
The article reports on the anticipation that Orange County, Florida will competitively price the first of two deals totaling $308 million of tourist development tax refunding revenue bonds. The 2007 bond sale, which is intended to advance refund a portion of Series 2002 bonds, are expected to...
- Stock And Bond Price Dynamics-Evidence From An Emerging Economy. Venkateshwarlu, M.; Babu, T. Ramesh // International Business & Economics Research Journal;Sep2011, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p93
The motivation for this study is that real stock prices are observed to overreact to changes in interest rates. The real stock prices drop when long-term interest rates rise. It has been observed that bonds and stock prices are typically studied in isolation. The present paper attempts to...
- The "Price Puzzle" under Changing Monetary Policy Regimes. Mollick, André Varella; Sachsida, Adolfo // I-Business;Dec2012, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p318
This paper examines the "price puzzle", the rise in the price level following a contractionary monetary policy shock, using monthly US data from 1960 to 2006. Deviating from the standard practice is including commodity prices to "solve the puzzle", our benchmark VAR contains output, prices, the...
- Argentina's Neuquen pierces, but doesn't topple, barrier. F. O. // Asset Securitization Report;10/16/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p19
The article focuses on Neuquen's decision to priced the first cross-border bond backed by onshore assets in Argentina. According to a press release, the $125 million, eight-year transaction priced at 8.656%, led by Citigroup, achieved the lowest yield by an Argentine province. With the deal's...
- Buyers Staying Indifferent to 10- to 15-Year Range. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32076, p6
No abstract available.
- Yield Indexes Finish Lower; Philadelphia Fed Numbers Raise Inflation Fears. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/22/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32117, p36
Examines the performance of bonds in the bond market in the U.S. Detection of low yield indexes; Contribution of the municipal bonds to the rally in the market; Decline in prices of bonds; Detection of strong demand for bonds on the biggest transaction.