- Teams for all Seasons. Lewis, Michael // Soccer Digest;Apr/May2002, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p54
Presents the top 25 soccer teams from Europe, United States and South America. Skills of the Dutch trio of Marco Van Basten, Ruud Gullit and Frank Rijkaard with the core of the 1990 Italian national team; Championships garnered by Real Madrid; Reference to the season of Bayern Munich team under...
- Palestinian soccer team lifts pride with leap into... Nolen, Stephanie // Christian Science Monitor;1/15/97, Vol. 89 Issue 35, p7
Reports that the Palestinian soccer team Hapoel Taybeh (HT), made it as a member of the National League in Israel. Significance of the team making it into the league; Comment from Abed Haj-Yahiyyah, president and general manager of the soccer club; Difficulties encountered by the team; Politics'...
- Hunter Davies. Davies, Hunter // New Statesman;11/28/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4362, p37
Talks about the soccer teams in England. Six leading clubs for three decades; Manchester United as an elite team; Mediocre players of Everton and Spurs; Pessimism of the author about the future of the Spurs.
- New York Fever kicks off second season at WCC's Barrett Stadium. Votano, Paul // Westchester County Business Journal;5/1/95, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p20
Reports on the holding of a series of games featuring the New York Fever soccer team in the Barrett Stadium in Westchester Community College starting May 6, 1995. Team's failure to be included in the United States Inter-regional Soccer League's Northeast Division in 1994; Team's popularity in...
- Syracuse soccer kicks into gear. Yunich, Rob // Business Journal (Central New York);2/21/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the launching of a soccer team in Syracuse, New York. Generation of funds from local investors by the club officials; Encouragement of the soccer-playing family to the game; Activities included in the community programs. INSET: Syracuse schedule.
- It's Official: Soccer's Flash Will Kick No More. Ward, Denise T. // San Diego Business Journal;10/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p7
Reports the official temporary pull-out of the soccer team, San Diego flash from the United Soccer League in Tampa, Florida. Failure to raise money for franchise fees and operations costs; Stoppage of the operations costs of the team by La Jolla Nomads; Consideration on the stadium attendance...
- Will the Twisters fly here? Beaven, Stephen // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
Reports on developments related to the Indianapolis Twisters soccer team. Concern regarding soccer-fan attendance; Market Square Arena sports facility as the site of the games.
- Amigos' goal: Professional status in 1999. Markley, Jennifer // Inside Tucson Business;05/26/97, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the plans to convert the Tucson Amigos soccer team to professional status. Schedule for the team's professional participation starting 1999; Corporations giving financial backing to the team; Comments from the team's managers.
- Soweto's `Winnie problem.' Reiss, S. // Newsweek;2/13/89, Vol. 113 Issue 7, p35
Report on allegations of abuse by the 30-member `team' of bodyguards who surround Winnie Mandela, wife of the leader of the outlawed African National Congress. The `Winnie problem' is now a full-blown scandal being investigated. Accusations; Reactions.