Detroit to Kick Off Fall Issuance With $150M in Two Sales
- Louisiana Flaunts Double Upgrade With $290 Million Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/1/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31626, p38
Louisiana will come to the bond market with 290 million dollars of general obligation bonds in late May 1, 2003 its once-troubled credit supported by improved ratings that should reduce borrowing costs. The bonds will be sold competitively on May 15 via i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system....
- N.Y. Goes Back to School. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/11/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31654, p1
The New York Municipal Bond Bank will price a $23 million insured deal in June 2003 in its effort to kick off plans to sell more than $400 million of special-purpose revenue bonds to fund aid payments in arrears to some state school districts, including New York City's. The state is also...
- Broward County, Fla., to Refund ARS and Switch Insurers. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/23/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32905, p4
The article reports on the plan of Broward County, Florida to refund up to $110 million of auction-rate securities (ARS) and replace the debt with variable-rate demand obligations (VRDO) with triple-A rated bond insurance policy. According to the author, Broward County Commissioners are expected...
- Houston Holds Off. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31876, p1
Reports on the plan of the city of Houston to market a mutimillion dollar amount of public improvement refunding bonds after postponing the deal in Houston, Texas. Benefits of the move to allow the city to take advanatge of present-value savings for budgetary reflief; Hope of the city to refund...
- Southeast Invisible Supply. // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p32
Lists bonds for issuance in southeast United States. Issuer; Value; Underwriter; Expected sale date.
- N.Y. State Thruway Agency. Sets First of 2 Sales Totaling $693M. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34219, p38
The article reports on New York State Thruway Authority's selling of about 346 million dollars of its second general highway and bridge trust fund bonds in the first of two sales set for the third quarter of 2006. The authority will sell serial bonds that will mature April 1, 2007. A final...
- Northeast Bond-Watch. Vadum, Matthew; Newman, Emily; O'Brien, Elizabeth; Cataldo, Adam L.; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32015, p35
Focuses on bond deals in northeast United States. General obligations bond; Refunding; Underwriters.
- New Issues Peak as California Prices $1.8 Billion of GO Bonds. Chelsa, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/23/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31869, p2
Focuses on the increase in new issuance with the pricing of California general obligation bonds by underwriters while cash bonds secured implicated by rising treasuries. Price for the bonds; Decline of jobless claims; Association of improved municipal bonds with stabilization in the government...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, September 8. // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p2
Presents financial statistics related to several bonds and securities deals in the U.S. during the first week of September 2003. Names of issuers and underwriters of various deals; Details of economic indicators for the week; Position of government securities on Friday September 5, 2003.