Outflows for July Hit Their Highest Level in Three Years
- After a Bit of Shrinkage, Money Once Again Flowing Into Funds. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;3/8/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33277, p7
The article reports on the move of the investors to support municipal bond mutual funds with cash in the U.S. Lipper FMI reveals that investors have left 1.52 billion dollars to municipal bonds and according to the Investment Co. Institute, the industry's 592 funds has collected 69 billion...
- Muni Inflows Grow in July; Assets Up $423 Billion Year to Date. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/2/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32210, p6
Reports that municipal bond mutual fund inflows in the U.S. have reached their highest level so far in 2005 during July, according to the Investment Co. Institute. Exclusion of reinvested dividends and money market fund data in the totals, which apply only to open-end funds; Decline in the sales...
- February Gains in Total Net Assets Modest Compared to January. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/4/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32601, p6
The article reports on the survey conducted by Investment Company Institute which reveals that the total net assets of municipal mutual funds and tax-exempt money market funds shows upward growth in 2007. Mutual fund tracker unveils that the 709 municipal bond funds in the survey saw total net...
- Mutual fund options abound. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;7/13/98, Vol. 90 Issue 159, pB6
Discusses mutual funds in 1998. Comments from Laura Santini, managing editor of Fund Marketing Alert; Number of funds listed as of June, according to the Investment Company Institute; The increasing number of mutual funds annually; Types of new funds being created; The performance of real...
- Fund assets surge past $2 trillion mark, with banks reporting solid sales gains. Cope, Debra; Holliday, Kalen // American Banker;2/1/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 21, p10
Presents the report of the Investment Company Institute that the mutual fund industry has passed it two trillion dollars mark. Growing stability of the banking industry; Role of sales of stocks and bond funds; Study of the market from December 1993 to January 1994; Sale of tax exempt and...
- Survey: Most mutual fund buyers consider the risks. Hensley, Scott // American Banker;4/18/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 74, p13
Reports that an Investment Company Institute survey shows that mutual fund buyers in the United States consider investment risks. Variations in the concepts of what risk is; Statistics on those saying risk meant a chance of a net loss; Study's examination of how investors would like to learn...
- Money fund assets rose during week in spite of slippage on the retail side. Cope, Debra // American Banker;9/8/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 172, p17
Cites an increase in money market mutual fund assets for 0.11 percent to $1.030 trillion for the week ending September 3, 1997 according to the Investment Company Institute.
- ICI: Investors unaware of bond fund risks. // Financial Planning;Mar1998, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p28
Reports on the move of investors to mutual funds investments according to Investment Company Institute in the United States. Growth in the assets in bond and income funds in 1997; Necessity of educating the public on the risk and returns of funds; Expansion of workers' pension options.
- Funds swell to record level. // High Yield Report;07/06/98, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the increase in high yield mutual funds, according to statistics from the Investment Company Institute. Number of high yield mutual funds which started in January 1998; Factors contributing to the increase; Comments from Marty Fridson, chief high yield strategist at Merrill Lynch.