A REVIEW OF NEW PRODUCTS
- Cutting Edge. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;4/12/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 15, p26
Features several technological innovations for the broadcasting and cable television industry in the U.S. as of April 12, 2004. VelocityHD, a nonlinear editing system, from Leitch; Multi-standard high-definition compression preprocessor from Snell & Wilcox; Digital Automation System from...
- Improving the Werk flow. Stevens, Philip // TVB Europe;Oct2008, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p38
The article discusses the benefits of incorporating Snell & Wilcox Kahuna SD/HD multi-format production a M/E swithcher with IMPAKT 3-D DVE towards the production quality of TV Werk in Germany. The author stated that the Kahuna vision mixer provide users the choise of operating only in SD or HD...
- Fluid effect add-on to Kahuna switcher. // AV Magazine;Apr2008, p47
The article reports that Snell & Wilcox Inc. is introducing a series of enhancements for the Kahuna SD/HD multi-format production switcher. Some of the improvements to the Kahuna platform include a quadrupling of the system's clip stores, better third-party integration capabilities and a series...
- Synapse metadata server boosts S&W's AAF format compliance. Jarrett, George // TVB Europe;Feb2003, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the release of the twinned product and toolset strategy involving conforming system Splicer and database Synapse of Snell ∓ Wilcox. Provision of workgroup metadata server; Capacity in unveiling true workgroup capabilities; Effectivity in running over networked computers.
- Snell & Wilcox expands HDTV line. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;02/16/98, Vol. 128 Issue 7, p40
States that Snell & Wilcox, supplier of high-quality signal processing and standard conversion products is bringing expanded range of high-definition equipment to NAB'98. Background information on Snell & Wilcox; Information on the development of two high-definition Television production...
- Snell & Wilcox's ShakeOut: A new approach to wobbly pictures. Hanifan, Paul // Broadcast Engineering;Jan2000, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p104
Evaluates the ShakeOut product from Snell & Wilcox, which is useful for television broadcasting. Features; Capabilities.
- Snell & Wilcox's Helios. Zaller, Joe // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);Jan2007, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p42
The article features Helios Mobile, a software-based system for automated repurposing and delivery of content for mobile television applications developed by Snell & Wilcox Inc.
- Test and measurement in the digital domain. Walland // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Nov99, Issue 302, p22
Outlines Snell & Wilcox's approach to challenges related to the testing of digital television technology for compliance to relevant standards. Demands of testing digital components and systems; Operation in digital domain; Implementation of the DVB specification; Aspects of testing.
- Helping define high definition. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;06/01/98, Vol. 128 Issue 23, p52
Opinion. Profiles Roderick Snell, founder and research director of the company Snell and Wilcox, based in the United Kingdom. Information on technology created by Snell; When he first became interested in technology; Comments from Snell; Background information on Snell; Details on his career...