TROMPE L'OEIL LIGHTING
- True to light. // New Scientist;8/25/2001, Vol. 171 Issue 2305, p21
Looks into the lighting technique of filmakers used to create special effects on their motion picture masterpieces in the United States. Features of the lighting rig; Development of Light Stage 3.0, a lighting rig software; Capabilities of the software.
- New Knoll Light. // TVB Europe;Nov2007, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p35
The article reports on the release of the version 3.0 of the Knoll Light Factory (KLF) from Digital Anarchy in Europe. The new features in this Photoshop package give increase control over the look of hundreds of lighting effects. KLF is designed to create lens flares and other lighting effects...
- J-Box Softboxes. Holben, Jay // American Cinematographer;Jan2007, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p114
The article offers information on the J-Box Softboxes, the overhead lights for motion picture production.
- Costumes, vfx partner for storytelling. Caranicas, Peter // Daily Variety;12/14/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 50, p5
The article presents the author's perspectives on the importance for costumes and visual effects (vfx) to work together in order to enhance the storytelling of a film or a play.
- Osram, Mole Introduce MoleLED. // American Cinematographer;Feb2010, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p82
A preview of the film friendly light emitting diode (LED) lighting solution MoleLED system designed by Mole Richardson with Osram's advanced remote-phosphor LED technology is presented.
- HOW TO. PERKINS, MATTHEW // Back Stage (1946-5440);4/11/2013, Vol. 54 Issue 15, p17
The article offers tips on how to shoot video using natural light which includes diffusing light by positioning objects in relation to the sun, using man-made reflectors with shiny surfaces to put life back in the image, and taking advantage of whatever light a cinematographer is handed.
- Big rigs. // Onfilm;Oct2010, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p22
The article features Panalux, formerly known as Panavision Lighting, a supplier of major motion picture lighting to the Australasian film industry.
- Post Focus. Silberg, Jon // American Cinematographer;Aug2009, Vol. 90 Issue 8, p60
The article evaluates the DP Lights system from Technicolor Inc.
- VIDEO LIGHTING TIPS FROM GRIPS AND GAFFERS. Scoblete, Greg // Photo District News;Jan2013, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p98
The article discusses several tips on how to achieve a good video and film shoot which include the cooperation of the photograph director with the crew and cameraperson, establishing an open line of communication and make some lighting experimentations.