TV'S READ-HEADED HD STEPCHILD
- Where's the HDTV? Dickson, Glen; Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;10/12/98, Vol. 128 Issue 42, p10
Offers information on high-definition television (HDTV) programming of several television networks in the United States. Television programs under HDTV programming; Comments from network executives. INSETS: Getting set(s) for HDTV;DTV's first wave.
- HDTV Update. Antonoff, Michael; Fenton, Brian C.; Griffin, Al // Sound & Vision;Oct2002, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p17
Presents updates on high-definition television (HDTV) in 2002. Television programs offered by television networks through HDTV; Components of the Cinetransformer trailer; Subscriber fees for Discovery Network's Discovery HD Theater channel.
- HDTV makes gains. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;8/26/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 35, p29
Features the high definition television programming of Tribune Broadcasting and The WB network in the U.S. Transmission of programs by both companies; Composition of the program 'Family Affair'; Expansion of the HDTV coverage of CBS network; Coverage of the U.S. Open tennis tournament.
- HDNet Owner Spreads The High-Def Wealth. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/8/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p46
Reports the introduction of the high definition Net (HDNet) in Dallas, Texas. Offering of the HD television programming channel by Internet pioneer Mark Cubans; Features of HDNet; Advantages of HDNet.
- HD production gets the Last Laugh. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;6/10/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 24, p26
Discusses the advantages offered by high definition (HD) television in the U.S. Developments on the applications of digital cinematography; Launch of the television program 'Odyssey Five' shot in HD; Idea of speeding up the process by recording directly to Avid Media Array disks.
- Lensers find freedom on cable's frontier. Shutan, Bruce // Daily Variety;8/19/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 33, pA4
Focuses on the strategies of cameramen in producing a television program. Evidence of devotion of directors of photography to cinematography; Significance of the advent of high definition television in the superiority of viewing television programs; Use of soft lighting by cinematographer...
- Secrets of Planet Earth. Creamer, Jon // Televisual;Feb2006, p31
The article describes the challenges faced by the production team of the British television series "Planet Earth." Aerial shooting specialist and cameraman Michael Kelem and cameraman Justin Maguire survived difficulties in using high definition cameras and in capturing aerial shots. Post...
- Panasonic Underwrites HDTV On CBS Network. Michaelson, Elizabeth // SHOOT;10/20/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 42, p7
Reports the sponsorship of Panasonic for the 2000-'01 CBS television lineup in New York. Details on the high-definition broadcasting of the network's comedy and drama prime-time series; List of series included in the programming; Interests of other electronic companies to underwrite the costs...
- Innovating All Along. // Broadcasting & Cable;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 132 Issue 45, p4
Discusses the plans of U.S. cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) to double the number of HBO On Demand installations by end of the year 2002. Viewership of original series on HBO On Demand; Technological innovations undertaken by HBO On Demand; Transmission of HBO's programming in...