- Carson's database marketing. Zimmermann, Kim Ann // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/21/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 12, p14
Informs the upgrading of the database marketing of Carson Pirie Scott manufactured by Retail Target Marketing Systems. Difference of the upgraded version from its first version; Advantages offered by the database marketing.
- Carson's credits renovation drive for same-store sales increases. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/13/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 113, p11
Reports on Carson Pirie Scott & Co.'s renovation program. Reason for sales gains; Same-store sales; Emergence from bankruptcy; Products.
- Carson's gets weather-wise. D. Z. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/18/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 114, p16
Reports on Carson Pirie Scott & Co.'s utilization of seasonal changes as determiners of its promotional events. Planning of the promotional calendar; Comments from Carson officials.
- Carson's: Staying consumer-friendly. Williamson, Rusty // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/29/1996 Supplement, Vol. 171 Issue 104, p29
Reports on the efforts of Carson Pirie Scott & Co. to make its operation consumer-friendly. Difference between a customer and a consumer; Emphasis on market research; Tracking of shopping trends and patterns.
- Carson's has good outlook for new women's lines. Sharoff, Robert // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/31/96, Vol. 171 Issue 106, p5
Reports on developments pertaining to Carson Pirie Scott. Launching of women's lines from Ralph Lauren, Nautica and Tommy Hilfiger; Introduction of new men's lines in January 1996; Decrease in sales; Sale of a Minneapolis store; Opening of three departments stores in 1996.
- Warranty profits Carson Pirie Scott. // Furniture/Today;5/20/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 36, Special section p5
Reports the benefits of the warranty program of the Carson Pirie Scott Furniture Galleries in Chicago, Illinois. Increase of sales and profitability; Charges for warranty; Commissions to salespeople.
- Cases in brief. Stiegler, M.H. // Appraisal Journal;Jan1993, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p167
Discusses the ruling in the `Cunningham v. Property Tax Appeal Board' case at the Appellate Court of Illinois. Financing as irrelevant to value of mall for property tax purposes; Carson Pirie Scott & Company; Town of Cunningham assessor.
- Younkers board turns down holders' call to auction chain. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/5/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 107, p28
Reports on the Younkers board's rejection of a nonbinding shareholders' resolution to sell the department store chain to the highest bidder. Takeover pressure from Carson Pirie Scott & Co.; Election of three directors from the Carson camp.
- Carson's quarter net up 21.7%, topping Wall Street's outlook. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/4/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 42, p10
Reports on the financial performance of Carson Pirie Scott & Co. for the fourth quarter ended February 1, 1997. Total earnings; Comparison with Wall Street estimates; Total sales.