- Movie Channel's defining moment: High-def launch. Oei, Lili // Daily Variety;10/6/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 1, p15
Reports the launching of a high-definition edition of Movie Channel.
- Mitsubishi Adds More Flat-Panel TVs, Bows LCD. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;06/24/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p4
Reports the business plans of Mitsubishi in Irvine, California. Expansion of flat-panel television products; Marketing strategy for the Medallion level product line; Features of the High definition 5000 Digital Television tuner.
- Working for the wow factor. Pennington, Adrian // TVB Europe;May2006, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p30
The article focuses on Surrey, England-based Arena Television's strategies in competing with its rivals in the high-definition outside broadcasting (OB) market. The company has delivered the 30-camera Unit 7 high-definition television production vehicle which features 68 input vision mixers and...
- High-definition mind-share. // Televisual;Dec2002, p45
Focuses on the decision the author to get involved in the high-definition (HD) production. Growth of high-definition production; Accounts on the HD purchase of Mac Million; Need for HD converts to contend with a century-old business model built around the use of film.
- Apex Digital Expands Into Direct View, Projection TV. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/28/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p26
Reports the expansion of Apex Digital of California into multi-step television line including rear projection High Definition Television (HDTV). Sale of direct view sets manufactured by Changhong; Partnership with ADO for production of rear projection HDTV; Expansion of rear-projection sets.
- BROADWING BUILDS COVERAGE FOR MEDIA SERVICES NETWORK. Wilson, Carol // Telephony;10/24/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 21, p8
Reports on the plans of Broadwing Communications Inc. to double its Media Services Network to keep up with the demand for high-quality realtime video feeds in high-definition TV format in the U.S. Live transmission of sports programming and other events; Establishment of the network to meet the...
- I can see clearly now. Schumuckler, Eric // Brandweek;5/6/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 18, pSR18
Announces the plan of Comcast and Charter Communications to roll out high-definition television (HDTV) in the U.S. Difference of digital TV from HDTV; Some of the challenges being faced by cable operators; Deployment of HDTV by Time Warner Cable; Information on problems posed by HDTV to...
- Turner Studios' TS2 sports production truck. McGee, Bob; Budka, Jim // Broadcast Engineering;Sep2003, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p52
Features the sports production TS2 truck of Turner Studios in Atlanta, Georgia. TS2's coverage on various major sports events broadcast by Turner networks; Employment of flexible high quality equipment to the truck that can integrate well with other equipment; Exploration of options for the...
- Premiere Pins Hopes On HD. // Satellite News;3/27/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p4
Presents an interview with Hans Seger, chief programming officer of satellite pay television operator Premiere, on the high definition (HD) marketing strategy of the firm. Perspective on the significance of HD television for Premiere; Business model of Premiere for HD services in Germany;...