Start your engine with turbo snacks
- Grabbing a Bite. German, Amy // Nation (1206-2642);8/10/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p15
The article focuses on Chajishapa Niguuitshtaan or morning bite program of Chisasibi in Quebec, Canada. The objective of the program is explained in terms of providing children a chance to have a healthy snack. The initial community initiative is presented together with concerns regarding...
- Snack on! S. D. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Apr2009, Issue 318, p94
The article presents findings on a study concerning the benefits of snacks to older people. A study of 2002 adults over the age of 65 found that older people who snack had higher daily intakes of energy, protein, carbohydrates and total fat. It states that snacking two or three times a day...
- FOOD 911. // Good Housekeeping;Aug2008, Vol. 247 Issue 2, p153
The article presents tips in curbing hunger and preventing dips in blood sugar in the U.S. Studies reveal that women are less likely to munch mindlessly when protein-rich foods are included in meals and snacks because it makes one's stomach full longer. To avoid bingeing on sugar and other...
- The Moody Cues. Marcus., Jacqueline // Better Homes & Gardens;Mar2001, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p202
Provides insights on selecting food for daily diet. Reminder on indulgence of food cravings; Tips for strategic eating of carbohydrates; Snack foods recommended to sustain daily activities; Benefits from proteins, selenium, essential fatty acids and calcium. INSETS: THE FEEL-GOOD FOOD FACTS.;A...
- THE ULTIMATE HALF-TIME SNACK. // Four Four Two;Jan2011, Issue 198, p119
The article reports that fig rolls are better than oranges as a pre-game of half-time snack because they are rich in carbohydrates.
- Nibbling in the nineties. Deneen, Sally // E: The Environmental Magazine;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p48
Reports on the strong sales of healthy snack foods in the United States. Question on the taste of the health products; Popularity of potato chips and sticks; National Cancer Institute's recommendation of more popcorn for public consumption.
- Energizing the category. Pacyniak, Bernie // Snack Food;Apr95, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p8
Editorial. Discusses the profitability of the nutraceuticals market for the United States snack food industry. Blending of advanced food technology and an appreciation for natural remedies to create foods that deliver a specific health or medical benefit; Consumers' search for more healthful...
- Health and chutzpah. // Snack Food;Sep95, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p53
Reports on the efforts of snack companies in the United States to look for ways to spice up snack foods with healthy seasonings that also has an acceptable taste to consumers. Research in reduced fat products; Sodium-free products; Importance of presentation and aroma.
- UP AND DOWN THE STREET. Marra, Joseph // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Feb2004, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p56
Focuses on the impact of low-carbohydrate diet on the snack food industry in the U.S. Growth in the consumers trying low-carbohydrate lifestyle; Interest of the low-carbohydrate consumers in health and nutrition; Launch of the Slim-Fast line from Unilever PLC.