- Port of Houston Sets Revenue Record in 2001. // Transportation & Distribution;Jul2002, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p15
Reports on the operating revenues of the Port of Houston Authority in Texas in 2001. Factors which contributed to its positive performance; Comparison with year earlier results; Measure taken to counter the economic effects of the September 11, 2002 terrorist attacks.
- TEXAS: Clean Containers. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/27/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31272, p31
Reports that the Port of Houston Authority in Houston, Texas received a clean bill of health from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to build a container terminal at the BayPort turning basin near the city of Shoreacres. Amount of bonds issue to finance the project; Percentage growth in the rate...
- Mistrust clings to Port of Houston agency months after bond election. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/05/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30801, p3
Deals with the Port of Houston Authority's attempt to secure land for a large bond-backed, terminal expansion. Reaction of Seabrook City, Texas residents; Filing of a recall petition; Allegation of a secret meeting between council members and port officials; Right-of-way contracts.
- Houston Port Authority Scrambles To Build Support for Bond Vote. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/30/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30694, p3
Reports on the preparation made by the Port of Houston Authority in Texas for the November 1999 bond elections. Efforts to gather support for the bond vote; Details on the proposed terminal and container complex near Bayport, Texas; Environmental concerns about the terminal.
- Houston Pumps Up Defense Against Ethics Allegations. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);5/30/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p8
The article announces the appointment of defense attorney Rusty Hardin as a Port of Houston Authority liaison with the district attorney and county attorney investigating allegations against the organization and its chairman Jim Edmonds and chief executive officer (CEO) Alec Dreyer in Texas in...
- Grand Old Girl. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Jan2005, p4
The article reports that Port of Houston Authority International Corp.'s celebrating the 90th anniversary of the Houston Ship Channel, Texas. The start of a year-long celebration, the opening event paid homage to past and present visionaries who helped chart and maintain the waterway's progress,...
- Pipeline Owners Lose Bid To Reclaim Over $100 Million In Relocation Costs. // Underground Construction;Apr2004, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p7
Focuses on the court decision in favor of the Port of Houston Authority concerning the costs associated with the relocation of pipelines crossing the Houston Ship Channel in Texas. Worth of the project for the relocation of pipelines; Facts of the case; Contention of the plaintiff.
- Port of Houston to Pay $100 Million For Channel Changes, Court Rules. Sheridan, Mike // Chemical Market Reporter;2/4/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 5, p3
Highlights the court ruling on the legal dispute between pipeline companies and the Port of Houston in Texas. Order of the court for the Port of Houston to pay the pipeline owners for the re-routing of the pipelines; Plans of the Port to widen and deepen the Houston Ship Channel; Companies who...
- Build it; they'll come. Kornegay, Tom; Hensel Jr., Bill // JoC Week;01/28/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the plans of Port of Houston Authority planning engineer Tom Kornegay in Texas. History on the challenges faced by Kornegay in the affiliation of the port authority; Adjustment initiatives of Kornegay during the planning of the container-terminal design; Details on the plans of...