- Advocacy Group Asks Arkansas To Establish a Rainy-Day Fund. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p4
The article reports on the recommendation given by the Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families to create a rainy-day fund during the legislative session starting January 8, 2007. The advocacy group believes that the state must prepare for economic downturn although the state has maintained...
- ARKANSAS: Dueling Lottery Estimates. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/1/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32910, p7
The article reports on the various revenue estimates to be generated from a proposed state lottery in Arkansas. An anti-lottery group Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families put the annual revenue of the lottery at $61.5 million. On the other hand, Lieutenant Governor Bill Halter opts for...
- On the concept of child advocacy: A review of theory and methodology. McMahon, Thomas J. // School Psychology Review;1993, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p744
Focusses on the concept of child advocacy. Critical concepts; Necessary ingredients; Collaboration and coercion; Rules of advocacy; Planned organizational change; Advocacy dilemmas; Risk taking and liability; Elements of style.
- The child advocacy team in child abuse and neglect matters. Westman, Jack C. // Child Psychiatry & Human Development;Summer96, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p221
Presents information on the use of The Child Advocacy Team to assist in counteracting child abuse and neglect of children in the United States and England. What is a Child Advocacy Team; Problems associated with court cases of abuse and neglect; Reference to University of Wisconsin Child...
- Movin' and Groovin' to benefit local children's programs. // Athens News;6/5/2014, Special section p19
The article offers information on the join fundraising event called Movin' & Groovin' 2014 hosted by Athens County Child Advocacy Center (CAC) and the Athens County CASA/GAL Program on June 6 at the Ohio University Inn and Conference Center Patio.
- Children's Alliance Hard Hat Mixer. // Wilson County News;1/24/2014, p3A
The article informs that the construction progress at the Children's Alliance of South Texas, a child advocacy center, at the Hard Hat Mixer could be observed in Floresville, Texas on January 30, 2014.
- Beverage executives fair well in severance, survey finds. K.P.K // Beverage Industry;Nov95, Vol. 86 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the findings of a study on severance payments to different industry executives, according to outplacement consulting firm Lee Hecht Harrison of New York. Generous severance payments for food, beverage and tobacco employees; Benefits continuation; Medical benefits.
- Sweet so longs. // Restaurant Business;8/10/95, Vol. 94 Issue 12, p56
Focuses on the severance pay received by chief executive officers upon their dismissal from employment. Amount that a CEO could receive in terms of discharge benefits; Exit packages as a pre-condition of employment; Risk in taking a new assignment.
- Four steps to establishing a sound severance pay plan. Zalik, Stephen // Supervision;Jun94, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p3
Discusses the factors that need to be considered in establishing a sound severance pay plan. Conditions under which severance pay will and will not be paid; Eligibility requirements and benefits payable; Form of the plan; Legal considerations; Requirements of the older workers benefits...