Munis End Flat Ahead of Holiday; Treasuries Fall on Economic Data
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Money Marketing;12/4/2003, p7
Reports on developments related to money marketing in Great Britain as of December 4, 2003. Distribution bonds offered by Skandia; Cuts in financial losses of Berkeley Berry Birch.
- Managers find smooth waters; assets increase $1 billion. McDonald, Michael; Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;11/19/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30772, p7
Reports on the performance of the United States money market as of November 19, 1999. Total assets in tax-free money market funds; Negotiated deal brought by Lehman Brothers that sold at a non-alternative minimum tax rate; Tendency of asset inflows to rise in the beginning of December; General...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/2/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31710, p2
Presents news briefs on the U.S. economy, in particular about the money market. Increase in personal income and consumption expenditure in July 2003, reported by the U.S. Commerce Department; Fall in the National Association of Purchasing Management-New York's business conditions index which...
- Yields Drop One to Five Basis Points at $1.5B Dallas-Ft. Worth Repricing. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;5/1/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31626, p2
Municipals bond yields fell two or three basis points on May 1, 2003 while yields were lowered between one and five basis points at a repricing of 1.5 billion dollar Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport Board joint revenue bonds. Conrad DeQuatros, an economist at Bear, Stearns & Co., said the...
- Guaranteed bonds 'not living up to name' // Money Marketing;1/24/2002, p7
Reports on the results of the 'Money Marketing' Focus Survey on guaranteed bonds. Conditions that weaken the guarantee; Procedure for obtaining a copy of the survey.
- Better rates boost weekly inflows; daily paper tight. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;12/10/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30785, p10
Reports on highlights of the United States market for money market funds for the week ended December 10, 1999. Increase in total assets in tax-free money market funds; Narrowing gap between tax-free and taxable yields; Notable deals; Secondary market activity; Bond trading.
- Short-Term Scarcity Strains Relationships Between Dealers and Investors. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;07/31/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30943, p7
Reports on the scarcity of short-term variable-rate bond issuance in the United States as of July 31, 2000. Performance of money market funds.
- FTSE sees 1.95% drop in global sell-off. Jackson, Gary // Money Marketing (Online Edition);5/23/2013, p8
The article reports on a decrease of 1.95 percent in early trade in the FTSE following Federal Reserve's announcement to ease its bond-buying program and fears of a Chinese hard landing resurfaced. It is noted that manufacturing activity in the HSBC China Purchasing Managers' Index showed...
- The High Price of Higher Yields. Gengler, Amanda // Money;Jun2005, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p49
Reports on short-term bond funds. Loss of money in 2005 by short-term bond funds, despite the funds' higher yields; Suggestion to use money-market funds if cash is needed in a year or less and to use short-term bond funds if cash is not needed for a year or more; Charts detailing the yield and...