- N. Carolina To Break Its Bond Record. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31837, p1
Reports on North Carolina's 744 million dollar general obligation bond deal. Uses of the proceeds from the deal.
- Repo market gets go-ahead. // Accountancy;Apr95, Vol. 115 Issue 1220, p70
Reports on the plan to establish an open sale and repurchase market in gilts in Great Britain on January 1996. Expected benefits from the opening of the bond market facility.
- Citi Downplays Memo on Bonds. Bloomberg News // American Banker;2/2/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 22, p20
Reports that Citigroup Inc. disowned an internal memo that, according to the "Financial Times," outlined a strategy by Citi employees to "exploit" trading in the European government bond market. Contents of the memo; Details of how Citi profited from the bond market in August 2004, which is...
- Market statistics. // Bond Buyer;09/15/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30478, p28
Presents statistics on the bond market in the United States as of September 14, 1998. Municipal bond index; Bond prices; Yield to par call; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Reoffering yields; Securities prices.
- Third-Quarter Sec Lending. // Securities Industry News;12/18/2000-12/25/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 47, p3
Presents statistics on securities lending in the United States in the third quarter of 2000. U.S. treasuries; Agencies; Equities; Corporate bonds; Non-U.S. equities; Non-U.S. bonds.
- Securities, Bond Groups Mull Merger. Mazzucca, Tim // American Banker;4/6/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 66, p19
The article focuses on the potential merger of the Securities Industry Association and the Bond Market Association. On April 5, 2006, the groups described ongoing negotiations which may form a single efficient entity to meet the needs of the securities industry. A decision will be made by June...
- TBMA Protests SEC Proposal on SROs. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/10/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32087, p4
Reports that The Bond Market Association (TBMA) has opposed the reforms for self-regulatory organizations (SRO) proposed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Claim of the TBMA that the proposed reforms would change self-regulation; Recognition of the Municipal Securities Rule...
- SIFMA Cuts Its Recommended Pre-Holiday Early Closes to Five. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;4/6/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33092, p8
The article reports on the move of the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association Inc. (SIFMA) to reduce its recommended early closes on trading days before most holidays to allow more continuous access to trading liquidity in the U.S. It states that under the new policy, bond markets...
- View from the debt markets. Podd, Henrietta // Public Private Finance;Mar2003, Issue 71, p21
The senior debt market has been shaken by a number of banks reducing, or withdrawing from PFI and infrastructure lending altogether. It is hardly surprising that PFI does not fit the strategic direction of many in this highly regulated industry. Instead of treating funding as quasi-government or...