- Under official scrutiny. // Money Management;3/10/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p28
The article reports on why public servants appearing before Parliamentary Committees for official scrutiny do not feel comfortable.
- Hawaii stands ready to become the Big Kahuna in Washington. Alarkon, Walter // Hill;11/19/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 127, p3
The article reports on the advantages of the increasing number of Hawaiian officials who have held various legislative clouts.
- Johnson to stay at helm of pension panel. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;6/17/2005, p7
Reports that former work and pension secretary Alan Johnson has been retained as the informal chair of the government's public sector pension reform panel in Great Britain. Career background of Johnson; Assessment of the controversial retirement planning proposals; Job responsibilities of Johnson.
- Term Limits Not Necessary. Gnant, Randall // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Fall2001, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the dispensability of legislative term limits in Arizona. Impact of term limits on the civility of the legislative process; Decline of institutional memory and an erosion of the representative government; Rise of power of the unelected bureaucracy in the state legislature.
- Term Limits and Diminished Returns. Saxl, Michael V. // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Fall2001, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the impact of legislative term limits on the dynamics of the state government in Maine. Effects of term limits on the legislature as an equal branch of the government; Disadvantages of term limits; Decline of the institutional memory.
- Term Limits and Disruptions in the Legislature. Adair, Larry E. // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Fall2001, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the disadvantages of term limits on the legislative bodies in Oklahoma. Disruptions and confusions of legislative organization; Role of the state in the legislation and implementation of term limit list; Impact of the term limits on the relations of the state legislative chamber.
- No More Museum Pieces. Katches, Mark // State Legislatures;Feb99, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p24
Looks at the changes at the California Legislature since the implementation of term limits. Approval of Proposition 140; Several elected officials of the state; Advantages of the term limits; Comments from several politicians.
- The opinion of Belgian government communication professionals on public communication about policy intentions: Pros/cons and conditions. Gelders, Dave; De Cock, Rozane; Roe, Keith; Neijens, Peter // Government Information Quarterly;2006, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p281
Abstract: This article examines the opinion of Belgian government communication professionals regarding the controversial governmental communication about policy not yet adopted by the competent authority (i.e. the legislature) (CNAP). Based on a semi-structured, face-to-face survey among...
- Information Office of the European Parliament Opens in Prague. // Czech Business & Trade;2003, Issue 5/6, p16
Interviews Bernd Kunzmann, head of the Prague Office of the European Parliament in the Czech Republic. Views on the opening of the European Parliament's information office in Prague; Range of concrete programs and projects that the office can offer the public; Coordination of work with other...