Buying the Ranch
- Another Paradise Lost? Neary, Ben; MCCAFFERTY, KEITH // Field & Stream;Oct98, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p42
Reports on the controversy surrounding the fate of the Baca Ranch in the Jemez Mountains of northern New Mexico, where sportsmen and conservationists are against the pro-development forces purchasing ranch land in the area. Description of the land; Size of the ranch; Discussion on whether the...
- Prairie Champion. // Oklahoma Today;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p32
The article features the Sue Selman Guest Ranch in Buffalo, Oklahoma. The ranch was founded by prairie conservationist Sue Selman. Originally, the facility offered hunting leases to those in search for wildlife dotting the area. Eventually, the ranch attracted ornithologists in search for birds...
- Bunny Ranch. // AirGuide Online.com;8/10/2009, p1
The article reports on the move of Moonlite Bunny Ranch owner Dennis Hof in honoring the I.O.U.s or debts issued to California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger at his ranch in 2009. The ranch will be giving free good time party passes to I.O.U. recipients including Governors, Senators and House of...
- Where the Wild Things Are. Grillo, Jerry // Georgia Trend;Jun2002, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p97
Reports the introduction of a rallying cry for conservationists at the Okefenokee Swamp state park. Remarks on the nature-based terrorism; Comments on eco-tourism and its impact on the rural economy; Definition of a swamp. INSET: Okefenokee At-A-Glance..
- Green wishes. Freund, Anthony Barzilay; Herrera, Philip // Town & Country;Jan98, Vol. 152 Issue 5212, p32
Highlights the hopes of environmental conservationists in the United States for 1998. Availability of funding source for the conservation of land on the east end of Long Island; Restoration of the Land and Water Conservation Fund; Development of a national policy that eliminates strip development.
- Land Conservation Group Moves to Kentucky. // Practical Horseman;Nov2006, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p19
The article discusses a move of the Equestrian Land Conservation Resource to Lexington, Kentucky.
- Why California Bumper Stickers Now Say, "Flush Twice" Lavin, Edith V. // Population & Environment;Nov97, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p183
Comments on the limited success of environmental or conservation efforts, with emphasis on activists in the San Francisco Bay, California area. Reference to a case study in the late 1970s to the mid-1980s relating to water pollution; Effects of this pollution on the water supply in the San...
- Old park under threat. Reeve, Martin // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Oct-Dec99, Issue 74, p94
Reports on the proposed development of a tourist village at the site of the Belair National Park in South Australia. Threat to the conservation integrity of the national park; Formation of the Coalition to Save Belair National Park.
- Forest and seas. Stinson, Douglass // Latin Trade (English);Jun98, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p80
Features the World Conservation Monitoring Centre's Web site. Internet address; Information provided.