N.J. Voters to Face $200 Million GO Question for Dams, Flood Control
- KILLING FRANKENSTEIN. Greenblatt, Alan // Governing;Jun2008, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p17
The article comments on issues related to the approval of a referendum by the Wisconsin state's electorate that will curb the governor's veto power, in April 2008. The state's governors have traditionally exercised the so-called Vanna White veto, with which they moved individual letters from one...
- Road Bill Clears Senate. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/19/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33700, p9
The article reports that the Senate Bill (SB) 339 passed by the Alabama Senate to the House authorizing the issuance of 650-million dollar revenue bonds for highways, roads, and bridges will enable the Alabama Highway Authority to issue bonds secured by 13-cent per gallon tax on diesel fuel.
- Puerto Rico Governor Weighs Plan To Cut GO Bond Bill by $175 Million. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;5/23/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32885, p32
The article reports on the consideration of a measure by Puerto Rico Governor Anibal Acevedo Vila that would cut the island's fiscal 2008 general obligation (GO) bond bill by $175 million. The measure requires the U.S. House to tap into $240 million of revenues to pay the Government Development...
- Ohio House Delays Vote on Bill to Combine Bond Questions. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/23/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32160, p3
This article reports that the Ohio House adjourned without considering a bill that would combine two statewide bond initiatives, including Governor Bob Taft's $500 million Third Frontier initiative that failed in 2003. The House is expected to return to session next week to finish final items on...
- GEORGIA: Perdue Enacts Water Bill. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/22/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32884, p8
The article reports on the signing of SB 342, also known as the Water Conservation and Drought Relief Act of 2008, by Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue. The bill establishes procedures which help the state to assist local governments build reservoirs and authorize projects to be financed with bonds....
- Proposition 201 and quality of life. // Inside Tucson Business;10/20/97, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p4
Encourages the people of Tucson, Arizona for support on the passage of Proposition 201 on November 4, 1997.
- Proposition 200 spells cronyism. // Inside Tucson Business;10/20/97, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p4
Encourages the people of Tucson, Arizona to refute the passage of Proposition 200. Implications of Proposition 200.
- Opening Space. // Advocate;3/22/78, Issue 237, p5
Introduces the articles published in the March 22, 1978 issue of the gay periodical 'Advocate.' Coverage of the 1978 anti-gay referenda in Wichita and Saint Paul; Legislative bills on legal services for gay people; Gay leadership condition in the U.S.
- Voters take on hot-button issues. // American City & County;Jan2012, Vol. 127 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on referendums conducted in nine U.S. states in November 2011, including laws on collective bargaining, alcohol sales and personhood.