Kelly expands with own label
- 'Casino' Royale. Hasty, Katie // Billboard;10/20/2007, Vol. 119 Issue 42, p80
The article profiles the rock group Jimmy Eat World and their album "Chase This Light," which was released on October 16, 2007 via the record label Interscope. The article reports that "Chase This Light" is the group's first album recorded in their own studio/rehearsal space in Mesa, Arizona....
- Producing your own concert recordings. Lichtenwalner, Charles; Lockart, David // Music Educators Journal;Mar97, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p29
Presents information on the methods which can be used to produce professional sound recordings of school concerts, by utilizing digital computer technology. Information on the steps to produce recordings; Stipulations of the United States intellectual property law, in reference to recordings;...
- Knit wits. Hoban, P. // New York;7/31/89, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p46
Discusses the Knitting Factory, owned by Michael Dorf and Bob Appel, which is a popular club in New York. It features rock, folk, and avant-garde jazz.
- Growing up downtown. Norris, Chris // New York;11/21/94, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p112
Focuses on the entertainment establishment Knitting Factory in New York City. Features and description of the establishment; Musical performers set to play in the establishment.
- Studio log: Harmonious mixes. Molenda, Michael // Guitar Player;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p25
Discusses the dangers of conceptualizing audio productions as an assemblage of separate tracks. Impact on tonal harmony; Need to break the habit of mixing one fader at a time.
- Street smarts: Self-destructive demos. Molenda, Michael // Guitar Player;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p26
Presents mistakes made by artists when making demo tapes. Seeking deals way before they are ready for the big time; Shopping for a mediocre demo package; Characteristics of a crackerjack demo.
- 50 ways to record killer guitar tracks. Molenda, Michael // Guitar Player;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p88
Enumerates fifty approaches to improving home-recording guitar chops. Includes miking techniques; Multitracking issues. INSETS: Vessels of inspiration.;Recording gear manufacturers..
- Three hours in the hot seat. Russell, Rusty // Guitar Player;Aug96, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p69
Focuses on a three-hour publishing demonstration recording session at Malloy Boys Studio in Nashville, Tennessee featuring guitarist Troy Lancaster, drummer Dennis Holt, pianist Jimmy Nichols, guitarist Hal Rugg and bassist Spady Brannan. Approaches to recording tracks; Importance of teamwork,...
- Production notes. // Billboard;10/04/97, Vol. 109 Issue 40, p103
Presents information about the production of several albums for October 4, 1997. The work of Gavin Bowden for matchbox 20; Directors JR Nelson and Modi on Rule 62's `Drown'; The video for Sauce Money's `Actions' single; The work of director Denver Collins on Virtue's `The Greatest Part of Me'...