The history of the Juno Awards
- The history of the Juno Awards. Leblanc, Larry // Billboard;09/19/98, Vol. 110 Issue 38, p78
Focuses on the history of the Juno Awards. The award's origin on a ballot which appeared in the December 7, 1964 issue of the Canadian music trade publication `RPM Weekly'; Publisher Walt Grealis as founder; Formation of the Canadian Music Awards Assn. (CMAA); Importance of having national...
- CANUCK JUNO AWARDS FETE FURTADO, BARENAKED LADIES. Tillson, Tamsen // Daily Variety;03/06/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 3, p11
Reports the winners of the Juno Awards in Toronto, Ontario. Awards won by singer Nelly Furtado; Accolades received by the band Barenaked Ladies; Other recipients of the Juno.
- Junos kudos to Morissette. Tillson, Tamsen // Daily Variety;03/14/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the winners at the 2000 Juno Awards for Music in Canada. Includes best album and best video; Songwriting and country female artist; Best new solo artist.
- Mix'n it up with Mother. // Windspeaker;Jul2004, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p16
This article highlights on the release of a music album "Mother Earth" giving the names of its artists, songs, label and producers. Mother Earth earned its group a nomination in the best music of aboriginal Canada category at this year's Juno Awards. The album features 11 tracks and is a mix of...
- McLachlan at top of Juno nominees. LeBlanc, Larry // Billboard;02/21/98, Vol. 110 Issue 8, p14
Identifies nominees for the 1998 Juno Awards. Scheduled ceremony in Vancouver, British Columbia; Inclusion of Sarah McLachlan and Our Lady Peace among the nominees with four nominations each; Nomination of McLachlan's album `Surfacing' and her single `Building a Mystery'; Nomination of Our Lady...
- Junos tunes up Lavigne hopes. Tillson, Tamsen // Daily Variety;2/13/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 31, p8
Reports on nominations received by singer Avril Lavigne for the 2003 Juno Awards in Canada. Nomination of Lavigne for best new artist and album of the year for 'Let Go'; Nominations received by other musicians, such as Shania Twain, Celine Dion, Our Lady of Peace and Remy Shand.
- FeedBack. Pinkus, Mark // Canadian Musician;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p9
The article offers updates of the periodical "Canadian Musician" in 2013. The editorial team is looking forward to bring more insightful, informative, and entertaining content both in print and online. It also offers information concerning the magazine's Blog Central as well as highlights the...
- 2001 Juno Nominees Announced. LeBlanc, Larry // Billboard;02/03/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 5, p12
Discusses the nominees for Canada's 30th Juno Awards. Nominations for Barenaked Ladies and Nelly Furtado; Attempts of the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) to attract a younger audience; Categories.
- Upsets At Junos. LeBlanc, Larry // Billboard;03/25/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 13, p1
Highlights the Juno Awards 2000 held at the Metro Toronto Convention Center in Canada. Newcomers Chantal Kreviazuk and Matthew Good Band as among the winners; Nominees for the top female category; Live performances by various artists.
- Juno Awards Goes Back To Toronto. LeBlanc, Larry // Billboard;01/15/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p48
Offers information on the Juno Awards for music in Toronto, Ontario. Cost of tickets to the event, which will take place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and the SkyDome; Details of a newly-designed statuette; Comments of Daisy Falle, president of the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts...