Kelly expands with own label
- 'Casino' Royale. Hasty, Katie // Billboard;10/20/2007, Vol. 119 Issue 42, p80
The article profiles the rock group Jimmy Eat World and their album "Chase This Light," which was released on October 16, 2007 via the record label Interscope. The article reports that "Chase This Light" is the group's first album recorded in their own studio/rehearsal space in Mesa, Arizona....
- Knit wits. Hoban, P. // New York;7/31/89, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p46
Discusses the Knitting Factory, owned by Michael Dorf and Bob Appel, which is a popular club in New York. It features rock, folk, and avant-garde jazz.
- Growing up downtown. Norris, Chris // New York;11/21/94, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p112
Focuses on the entertainment establishment Knitting Factory in New York City. Features and description of the establishment; Musical performers set to play in the establishment.
- Studio log: Harmonious mixes. Molenda, Michael // Guitar Player;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p25
Discusses the dangers of conceptualizing audio productions as an assemblage of separate tracks. Impact on tonal harmony; Need to break the habit of mixing one fader at a time.
- Street smarts: Self-destructive demos. Molenda, Michael // Guitar Player;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p26
Presents mistakes made by artists when making demo tapes. Seeking deals way before they are ready for the big time; Shopping for a mediocre demo package; Characteristics of a crackerjack demo.
- 50 ways to record killer guitar tracks. Molenda, Michael // Guitar Player;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p88
Enumerates fifty approaches to improving home-recording guitar chops. Includes miking techniques; Multitracking issues. INSETS: Vessels of inspiration.;Recording gear manufacturers..
- Three hours in the hot seat. Russell, Rusty // Guitar Player;Aug96, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p69
Focuses on a three-hour publishing demonstration recording session at Malloy Boys Studio in Nashville, Tennessee featuring guitarist Troy Lancaster, drummer Dennis Holt, pianist Jimmy Nichols, guitarist Hal Rugg and bassist Spady Brannan. Approaches to recording tracks; Importance of teamwork,...
- Studio bookings. // Pro Sound News;Dec96, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p50
Presents information on studio bookings from around the world. Recordings done in Galaxy Studios; Artists who worked in Cavern Studios; Recordings done by Paolo Conte in Studiottanta.
- Production credits. // Billboard;8/10/96, Vol. 108 Issue 32, p39
Presents the production credits for `Billboard' magazine's top singles for the week ending August 3, 1996 in different music categories.