Kelly expands with own label
- 'Casino' Royale. Hasty, Katie // Billboard;10/20/2007, Vol. 119 Issue 42, p80
The article profiles the rock group Jimmy Eat World and their album "Chase This Light," which was released on October 16, 2007 via the record label Interscope. The article reports that "Chase This Light" is the group's first album recorded in their own studio/rehearsal space in Mesa, Arizona....
- Growing up downtown. Norris, Chris // New York;11/21/94, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p112
Focuses on the entertainment establishment Knitting Factory in New York City. Features and description of the establishment; Musical performers set to play in the establishment.
- Three hours in the hot seat. Russell, Rusty // Guitar Player;Aug96, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p69
Focuses on a three-hour publishing demonstration recording session at Malloy Boys Studio in Nashville, Tennessee featuring guitarist Troy Lancaster, drummer Dennis Holt, pianist Jimmy Nichols, guitarist Hal Rugg and bassist Spady Brannan. Approaches to recording tracks; Importance of teamwork,...
- Studio bookings. // Pro Sound News;Dec96, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p50
Presents information on studio bookings from around the world. Recordings done in Galaxy Studios; Artists who worked in Cavern Studios; Recordings done by Paolo Conte in Studiottanta.
- Studio action. // Billboard;1/14/95, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p56
Presents production credits for `Billboard' magazine's number one singles for the week ending January 7, 1995 in the United States.
- Studio action. // Billboard;4/23/94, Vol. 106 Issue 17, p86
Presents a list of production credits for `Billboard' magazine's number one singles for the week of April 23, 1994. Category; Hot 100; Rhythm and blues; Country music; Rap music; Club play.
- The miracle workers. Hall, Porter; Daley, Dan // Billboard;6/08/96, Vol. 108 Issue 23, p71
Features the behind-the-scenes production people responsible for some of the most commercially successful music recordings released in the United States. Tommy Boy staffers Paul Adelberg and Barry Koven's role in Coolio's `Gangsta's Paradise' album; Arista Records senior vice president Milt...
- Production notes. // Billboard;10/04/97, Vol. 109 Issue 40, p103
Presents information about the production of several albums for October 4, 1997. The work of Gavin Bowden for matchbox 20; Directors JR Nelson and Modi on Rule 62's `Drown'; The video for Sauce Money's `Actions' single; The work of director Denver Collins on Virtue's `The Greatest Part of Me'...
- Producing your own concert recordings. Lichtenwalner, Charles; Lockart, David // Music Educators Journal;Mar97, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p29
Presents information on the methods which can be used to produce professional sound recordings of school concerts, by utilizing digital computer technology. Information on the steps to produce recordings; Stipulations of the United States intellectual property law, in reference to recordings;...