E-Leadership and Virtual Teams
- E-Leadership and the Challenges of Leading E-Teams: Minimizing the Bad and Maximizing the Good. Zaccaro, Stephen J.; Bader, Paige // Organizational Dynamics;Jan2003, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p377
The article focuses on the challenges to managers of e-teams. One thinks e-teams capture many of the features and characteristics of traditional face-to-face teams. For example, members of such teams have unique roles and make different contributions to the overall team effort. The team's...
- Legendary leadership. Beaubien, Elaine // Executive Excellence;Sep97, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on leadership skills that build the relationships that bond people into a cohesive team. Breaking of jobs into individual tasks; Delegation of responsibilities; Importance of communicating expectations clearly; Employee empowerment.
- Leading teams. Bennis, Warren // Executive Excellence;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p6
Discusses the need for business leaders to know how to organize genius, herd cats and work well in teams. Qualities of an effective work group. Necessity for optimism; Four different factors that influenced the growth of work groups; Participative management; Rapidity and complexity of change...
- Exemplary Leaders. Kouzes, James M. // Executive Excellence;Jun2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p5
Focuses on leadership practices necessary for the accomplishment of a desired task. Characteristics of a good business leader; Role of leaders in inspiring a shared vision; Consideration of leadership as a team effort; Importance of a leader's work and deeds over words; Provision of subordinate...
- Quality Leadership for Quality Teams. Miskin, Val D.; Gmelch, Walter H. // Training & Development Journal;May85, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p122
Focuses on the role of leadership in the development of quality teams in business organizations. Teams' identification, analysis and solution of work-related problems; Japanese firms' development of quality teams after World War II; Need for team leaders to put emphasis on improvement of team...
- Leadership in a Team Environment. Zenger, John H.; Musselwhite, Ed; Hurson, Kathleen; Perrin, Craig // Training & Development;Oct91, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p46
Focuses on the significance of leadership to the success of self-directed work teams. History of the concept; Structure of work teams; Steps for building work teams.
- INDUSTRIAL EFFECTIVENESS: LEADERSHIP STYLE AND SMALL GROUPS. White, Harold C.; Bassford, Gerald // Industrial Management;Jan/Feb78, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p5
Examines a theory concerning the interaction between leadership style and group environment. Small group behavior; Development of the Fiedler theory focusing on leadership and industrial management; Effectiveness of work groups.
- Surrendering control in a team-based organization. Straub, Joseph T. // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Plant Edition;Jan97, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p5
Suggests ways for embracing the role of a team leader and surrendering control in a team-based organization. Reflecting; Getting physical or unphysical; Keeping a record of daily contact with other team members; Going public; Recruiting a mentor or coach; Taking advantage of traditional aids...
- Virtual Leadership for a Virtual Workforce. FJERMESTAD, JERRY // Chief Learning Officer;Mar2009, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p36
The article reports on virtual leadership within the virtual workforce. Teams in the workplace were traditionally located in the same place where they could meet face-to-face, however, due to changes in the business environment they are now more geographically diverse and tend to be temporary....