Ave Maria Acquires Forest of Peace, RCL Enterprises Imprints
- Ave Maria buys Forest of Peace. // National Catholic Reporter;9/26/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 41, p11
Reports on the acquisition of Forest of Peace Publishing and Thomas More and Christian Classics imprints of RCL Enterprises by Ave Maria Press in Indiana.
- M&A Activity in Religion Book Market Escalates. // Book Publishing Report;10/6/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p4
Reports on the increase in the merger and acquisition activity of religion book publishing companies in the U.S. Acquisition on the assets of World Bible Publishers Inc. by Thomas Nelson Inc.; Purchase of Forest of Peace Publishing by Ave Maria Press; Acquisition deal between Saint Anthony...
- Shake-up in the Heartland: Omaha Independents Merge. Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;2/1/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the merger of Omaha's Bookworm and Village Bookstore in Countryside Village, Nebraska. Details on the merger; Impact of superstore incursions on Omaha.
- Southeastern and Book n Along Acquired by Barjan. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;7/5/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 27, p33
Reports on the acquisition of Southeastern Tape Distributors and Book n Along companies by Barjan Products. Remarks from Steve Huber, president of Barjan Products; Details on the deal.
- Barnes & Noble Exploring Strategic Alternatives. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2010, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on the announcement of book retailer Barnes & Noble Inc. that it is considering strategic alternatives which include a possible sale of the company. It states that Borders Group Inc. made an announcement in March 2008 which shows similar to the Barnes & Noble announcement....
- Continuum Acquires Morehouse Group. Garrett, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;5/13/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 19, p23
Reports on the acquisition of the Morehouse Group by the Continuum International Publishing Group in the U.S. in May 2002. Publishing companies acquired by Continuum International; Views of Continuum chairman Philip Sturrock on the acquisition; Facts on book titles under Continuum International.
- Gallery Press Buys Hudson Hills. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/13/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 19, p24
Reports on the acquisition of the company Hudson Hills Press by Gallery Press LLC in the U.S. in May 2002. Plans for Hudson Hills Press; Views of Gallery Press executive Leslie van Breen on the acquisition.
- Mergers Change Landscape. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;11/5/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 45, p28
Focuses on the prevalence of the mergers and acquisition trends in the book publishing industry in the United States. Acquisition of Books on Tape, an audiobook publisher, by Random House Inc.; Plan of Holtzbrinck Publishers to acquire audiobook publisher Renaissance Media; Benefits of mergers...
- catholic tastes. // U.S. Catholic;May2010, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p10
This section offers Catholic news briefs. The Line of the Lord was introduced by a Paris, France-based telephone messaging company offering services on confessions for 46-cent-a-minute. Ave Maria Press and Loyola Press have introduced Catholic iPhone applications which allow users to meditate on...