Fox Drops Suit vs. Franken over Book. (Book)
- Not fair or balanced. Burleson, Erica // St. Louis Journalism Review;Sep2003, Vol. 33 Issue 259, p7
Reports on a court case lost by Fox News. Efforts to prevent satirist Al Franken from using the phrase 'fair and balanced' on his book cover; Assumption that Fox News is not fair or balanced; Judge's ruling that Franken's book was 'fair criticism.'
- Of Franken, Fox and Phrases. J.E. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/18/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 33, p6
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Fox News Channel against author Al Franken. Reason for filing the lawsuit by Fox News Channel.
- Buy the book. // Printing World;9/4/2003, Vol. 283 Issue 10, p44
Reports on the lawsuit filed by television station Fox News against Al Franken, comedian and author of the book 'Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Him: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right.' Objections on the book presentation; Issues on the legality of book trademark.
- Fairly Unbalanced. Cringley, Robert X. // InfoWorld;8/25/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p19
Discusses issues on technology in the U.S. Role of a computer hacker in the power outage; Effect of the computer program called noptify.com in a CD released by Verizon Wireless; Response of Internet users to Fox News' lawsuit against author Al Franken.
- Fox News sues after CNN woos. Greppi, Michele // Electronic Media;9/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p3
Reports the suit filed against anchorwoman Paula Zahn by Fox News in New York. Reasons of filing the suit case; Details regarding the case; Cost of the damages asked by Fox News.
- TheStreet's beef with Fox. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/29/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 23, p34
Reports on the lawsuit filed by cable television network Fox News Channel against Internet company TheStreet.com as of May 29, 2000. Case background; Lawsuit's allegations.
- Fox sues Bienstock. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;9/7/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 5, p2
Focuses on the lawsuit filed by Fox News Channels against N.S. Bienstock, Paula Zahn's agency for the alleged inducement of the former anchor of Fox New to breach her contract. Condition initiating the suit filing; Consideration of Fox News on the action of N.S. Bienstock; Confidence of N.S....
- Fox, TheStreet settle lawsuit. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;10/09/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 26, p6
Announces Fox News Channel's (FNC) settlement of a lawsuit against TheStreet.com that was filed after the financial Web site canceled its program on the news cabler. Financial terms of the settlement; Agreement of the Web site that it will not produce a television program similar to the one...
- O'Reilly vs. Franken Battle Drives Book Sales. // Book Publishing Report;8/25/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p6
Reports on the impact of the court case filed by U.S. television host Bill O'Reilly of FOXNews against political commentator Al Franken regarding the publication of the book 'Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right,' by Al Franken. Concerns on the...