Andrews McMeel Returns to The Far Side
- Content Matters. Andrews, James; Nonbello, Michael; Slack, Eric // Retail Merchandiser;Sep/Oct2012, p62
The article presents Andrews McMeel Publishing, a division of Andrews McMeel Universal, a company well known for its collections of popular newspaper cartoonists including Garry Trudeau of "Doonesbury" and Gary Larson of "The Far Side." The company was founded in Kansas as Universal Press...
- BRAINIAC. // Arizona Foothills Magazine;Sep2011, p36
The article mentions Pocket Posh game books from Andrews McMeel Publishing LLC.
- Correction. // Publishers Weekly;7/23/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 29, p6
A correction to a story by Andrews McMeel on Dinotopia in the July 2007 issue is presented.
- THE COMPLETE FAR SIDE (Book). // Publishers Weekly;9/15/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 37, p56
Reviews the book "The Complete Far Side," by Gary Larson.
- Andrews McMeel forms new division, strikes alliances. // Publishers Weekly;1/26/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 4, p14
Reports on activity at Andrews McMeel Publishing as of late January 1998. Formation of the Mary Engelbreit publishing division to coordinate the activities of the popular illustrator, including books, calendars, gift and stationery products; Addition to the Mary Engelbreit Home Companion book...
- Intervisual Books looks for better '97 after tough '96. // Publishers Weekly;6/23/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 25, p14
Reports on attempts by Intervisual Books Inc. to improve sales. Distribution by Andrews McMeel Publishing; Initial list for distribution, including works by Jan Pienkowski, David Carter, Mick Inkpen and Richard Scarry; Comments from Waldo Hunt, Intervisual chairman; Changes in its product mix;...
- United Media and Andrews McMeel team for Dilbert. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Oct97, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p147
Announces the partnership of United Media (UM) and Andrews McMeel Publishing (AMP) to distribute Dilbert products. How the partnership will benefit both companies; Information on both companies.
- Life Beyond The Far Side. Stein, Joel // Time;10/6/2003, Vol. 162 Issue 14, p71
Presents a profile of cartoonist Gary Larson, who has published a compilation of his work, "A Complete Far Side: 1980-1994". Comments from Larson on why he stopped producing his comic strip "The Far Side" and his preference for not appearing in public; Background on Larson's career as a...
- 'The League,' 'Far Side' Go Deluxe. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;7/7/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 27, p32
Provides information on the release of books as boxed collections of comics as of July 2003. Release of the book 'The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Absolute Edition Volume One,' by Alan Moore; Information on the book 'The Complete Far Side,' by Gary Larson; Prices of the books.