Business Book Publishers Focus on Scandalous Corporate Behavior
- Editorial. Rusch, Kristine Kathry // Fantasy & Science Fiction;Aug96, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p4
Editorial. Comments on the downside of the commercialization of the American publishing industry. Inability of editors to stand by a writer in opposition to market forces; Generation of income through sales; Illustration of corporate bottom line.
- Boosting bindery output. Toth, Debora // Publishers Weekly;6/17/96 Supplement, Vol. 243 Issue 25, pS10
Focuses on methods used by publishers in the United States to boost book bindery output. Use of new cover materials; In-line coating applications; Specialized flow-line systems.
- Paper usage slows, and price levels dip. Ducey, Michael J. // Publishers Weekly;6/17/96 Supplement, Vol. 243 Issue 25, pS12
Reports on the decline in paper consumption and prices within the book publishing industry in the United States. Slackening demand for independent titles; Niche book markets in various regions.
- U.S. publishing industry. Lofquist, William S. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Winter91/92, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p71
Provides information on the status of the book publishing industry in the United States as of winter 1991. Decline in book sales in the first six months of 1991; Problems with low tax revenues; Increases in the sales of elementary and secondary textbooks for the first six months of 1991.
- U.S. publishing industry. Lofquist, William S. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Fall94, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p90
Focuses on the status of the publishing industry in the United States as of the first quarter of 1994. Soft demand seen for books; Stagnancy in book demand; Domestic activity; Purchases and sales; Producer price index for United States books; International activity.
- U.S. publishing industry. Lofquist, William S. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Winter97/98, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p49
Focuses on the status of the United States (US) publishing industry as of 1997. Percentage increase in publishers' revenues in the first six months of the year; Factors that contributed to the growth of elementary and high school textbook sales; Features of the US book industry's...
- Trailblazers Top Ten Black Publishers. Gambles, Jeffrey // Black Issues Book Review;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p24
Features the top ten African American publishers in the United States. Status of African American market for book publications; List of publishers' names and thier corporate profiles.
- Between the Lines. Flamm, Matthew // Entertainment Weekly;11/22/2002, Issue 683, p81
Presents news briefs on the book industry in the U.S. as of November 22, 2002.
- Between the Lines. Flamm, Matthew // Entertainment Weekly;10/15/99, Issue 507, p73
Presents updates on the book publishing industry in the United States as of October 15, 1999.