New Money for Schools
- Voters approve $97.3 million bond proposal. // Ellis County Press;5/19/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p1
The article reports that bond proposal worth $97.3 million was approved by the Midlothian Independent School District voters for the construction of elementary, high school, and Frank Seale Middle School's addition.
- Jerry Fischer, South Dakota Health and Educational Facilities Authority. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p54
Features the South Dakota Health and Educational Facilities Authority, a major municipal bond issuers for health and educational facilities in South Dakota. Agency history; Management schemes; Financial issues.
- Oregon Treasurer Calls for State Bonds to Help Schools. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;03/22/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31102, p3
Reports on the attempt of the Oregon treasurer to amend the constitution to allow state-issued general obligation-general purpose bonds in the United States. Probability of financial aid for school facilities; Effectiveness of a state-school partnership; Aims of the House Bill 3370.
- Texas' Frisco School District to Sell $96.5 Million of GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/5/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32561, p6
The article focuses on the $96.5 million offering of the Frisco Independent School District's general obligation bonds in Frisco, Texas. This deal aims to finance new facilities needed for the district's flourishing population. $70 million of the Series 2007 bonds are new money, with proceeds...
- INDIANA: IFA Sells $31M for Valparaiso. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/24/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32740, p9
The article announces the issuance of $31 million education facilities bonds by the Valparaiso University through the Indiana Finance Authority to finance a series of campus infrastructure projects, road improvements and a new parking garage in Indiana. William Elliot, managing director of PNC...
- Manchester, N.H., GOs Downgraded to AA by Fitch. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
Fitch Ratings said it has downgraded Manchester, N.H.'s $122.5 million general obligation bonds to AA from AA-plus and $58.8 million school facilities revenue bonds to AA-minus from AA.
- Better Outlook as Arizona School Facilities Board Comes to Market. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/3/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34119, p1
The article reports on the improving outlook for Arizona and debt issued on behalf of the state School Facilities Board by the financial rating agencies Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service. It mentions that rating agencies have revised their outlooks on Arizona to positive in advance...
- Texas' College Station ISD Readies $37.5 Million for New School Plans. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;8/12/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33165, p7
The article reports on the 37.5 million dollar of unlimited-tax school building bonds prepared by College Station Independent School District (ISD) to fund the design phases of new elementary and high school campuses in Texas. It says that the bonds are structured as serials maturing in...
- Houston Community College Bond Sale Funds Expansion. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/15/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32857, p19
The article focuses on the expansion of the bond sale funds of the Houston Community College in Texas. The Houston Community College System will acquire two facilities with proceeds from negotiated sale of $56.4 million of students fee revenue bonds. It is expected that the system will use $36...