- State Officials: Funding Medicaid Means Cuts to Other Programs. Burdette, Whitney // State Journal (WV);1/13/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p7
The article focuses on the statements of various state officials of West Virginia such as Deputy Director Mark Muchow of Department of Revenue and State Budget director Mike McKown, that increased cost of Medicaid will result to budget cuts in other programs and agencies.
- Mining Accounts For Much of W.Va.'s Economic Growth. Burdette, Whitney // State Journal (WV);1/20/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p11
The article reports that the balanced budget presented by West Virginia Department of Revenue Deputy Secretary Mark Muchow to the House of Delegates finance committee in January 12, 2012, shows that the coal exports and employment are some of the major drivers of the economy of West Virginia.
- Casino Competition Strikes Mountain State Again. Ali, Ann // State Journal (WV);5/18/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p1
The article presents information on a casino competition, in which West Virginia and surrounding states of the U.S. may participate. It mentions that the Cleveland area is advertised at the time of Casinos in West Virginia which in turn attracts several visitors. Mark Muchow, deputy cabinet...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // State Journal (WV);2/15/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p19
The article reports that according to West Virginia Department of Revenue Mark Muchow, state's energy production and exports are the reason of West Virginia economic growth and withstanding the Great Recession in which an about 86% of total gross domestic product is from mining industries.
- Man of Precision. Gurwitt, Rob // Governing;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p72
Discusses the phenomenal accuracy of revenue projections made by Mark Muchow, chief administrator for revenue operations in West Virginia. Statement issued by Michael Hicks, research director at Marshall University's Center for Business and Economics; Characteristics of Muchow; Error rate in...
- Officials Optimistic of State's Budgetary Future. Burdette, Whitney // State Journal (WV);1/13/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the optimism of West Virginia Deputy Revenue Secretary Mark Muchow and State Budget Director Mike McKown towards the budgetary future of West Virginia.
- GOVERNMENT BRIEFS. // State Journal (WV);11/8/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p3
The article reports on the decline in the tax revenue of West Virginia in 2013, along with the statement of Deputy Revenue Secretary Mark Muchow regarding the collections of taxes, including personal, consumer, and occupation taxes, which are all below estimates.
- Tax Expert: W.Va. Offers Appealing Tax Climate for Retirees. HOHMANN, GEORGE // State Journal (WV);6/5/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p4
No abstract available.
- Talk Turns to Taxes Under the Dome. CARDOSI, MANDI // State Journal (WV);May2015, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p3
No abstract available.