Chicago Terminates Its $150 Million Garage-Bond Swap With Bear Stearns
- ILLINOIS: Daley's Casino Dream. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31488, p33
Reports on attempts made by Richard Daley, Mayor of Chicago, Illinois to secure land-based casino license for the city. Reasons for Daley's interest in a Casino; Budgetary restrictions over Daley; Other sources of revenue explored by Chicago city.
- Chicago Mayor's $4.6B Budget Stresses Local Improvements. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/22/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31496, p3
Reports on the proposal of 2003 fiscal budget by mayor Richard Daley in Chicago, Illinois. Total amount of the budget; Project coverage of the budget; Plans of Daley for a post-election tax hike.
- Daley has dreams of going corporate. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/27/95, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the plans of Chicago, Ill. Mayor Richard M. Daley for the city and his post-political career. Corporate management philosophy; Adoption of business techniques; Focus on public education reform; Emphasis on private sector experience in selecting cabinet members.
- Nothing wrong with City That Works? Don't believe it. Munson, Lester // Crain's Chicago Business;2/4/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p9
Comments on the disastrous leadership of City Mayor Richard M. Daley in Chicago, Illinois. Development of Block 37 into real estates; Completion of the Millennium Park project; Renovation of the Soldier Field.
- Pro business? Daley's got strange way of showing it. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/23/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p10
Focuses on the behavior of Richard M. Daley in treating pro-business owners. Threat to people with conflicting views; Reaction of Daley on opposition by Michigan Avenue merchants to a series of decorative bus shelters, Magnificent Mile.
- In this election, mayor's got a lock on key to the city. Weisman, Joel // Crain's Chicago Business;12/23/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p11
Reports on the nomination of Mayor Richard M. Daley in the Chicago election contest. Arrangement between the Republican Party and Daley to negate opposition; Unfavorable response from the black community for Mayor Daley.
- Daley unveils budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30749, p2A
Reports on Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley's official disclosure of his year 2000 budget. Total amount of general obligation and revenue borrowing included in the spending plan; Uses for the proceeds from the proposed tax hikes.
- Housing plan needs fine-tuning. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/25/93, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p12
Opinion. Comments on Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard Daley's inclusion of funding for low-income homes in his 1994 budget. Response to lobbying of advocates for affordable housing; Amount earmarked for the Low Income Housing Trust Fund; Availability of replacement financing through the private...
- Daley Gives Bikers Plenty of Perks; How About Tickets? Snyder, David // Crain's Chicago Business;09/06/99, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p11
Comments on Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard Daley's commitment to make the city the most cycle-friendly in the United States. Estimated bike racks in the city; Investment in lakefront bike path improvements; Criticism over the failure of bikers to follow traffic rules; Call for the Daley...