MAC Appeal Pushes Back N.Y.C. Deal
- N.Y.C. Hopes to Satisfy an Eager Market With $2.6B MAC Deal. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p1
Reports on New York City's refinancing of Municipal Assistance Corp.'s debt. Bond market rally; Tax-exempt bond supply.
- N.Y. STAR Corp. Prepares to Refinance $2.5B of MAC Debt. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31980, p44
Reports that Sales Tax Asset Receivable (STAR) Corp. will begin refinancing in Municipal Assistance Corp. debt in New York City. Sale of bonds in different series; Efforts of city officials for the acquisition of updated ratings for the proposed state sales tax-backed STAR Corp. credit;...
- Appeals Court Latest Venue for N.Y.C. MAC Refunding Case. Braum, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;11/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31764, p3
Reports on the arguments over the constitutionality of a contested plan to refinance New York City's debt. Debt issued by the Municipal Assistance Corp.; Evaluation of the constitutionality of a statute authorizing the city bailout plan; Transfers of a sales taxpayment.
- Moody's Raises NYC MAC, TFA Ratings. // Bond Buyer;10/13/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30995, p2
Reports on the upgrade of the bond rating of the New York City Municipal Assistance Corp. Upgrade of the bond rating.
- Troy MAC, N.Y., raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;07/26/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30690, p2
Reports on the bond rating assigned to Municipal Assistance Corp. as of July 26, 1999.
- Yields Rise 2 to 3 Basis Points; Kansas City MAC Sells $49M. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/22/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31619, p2
Municipal bond yields rose two or three basis points on April 21, 2003 in light trading, while the Kansas City, Mo.-based Municipal Assistance Corp. sold $49 million of leasehold refunding and improvement revenue bonds in the U.S. new-issue market. Greg Mount, deputy chief economist at Bank One,...
- Judge Puts N.Y.C. MAC Deal on Hold as State Readies Appeal. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31704, p4
Reports that New York State is appealing a lower court decision that would clear the way for New York City to move forward with a controversial refinancing of 1970s-era debt. Judgment of Justice Anthony V. Cardona of New York State Supreme Court's to stop city from the issuance of bonds to...
- N.Y.C. Takes Two-Pronged Approach In Legal Fight for $2.5B MAC Deal. // Bond Buyer;8/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31706, p36
Reports on the strategy followed by New York City to fight against New York State in the legal battle over Municipal Assistance Corp. debt as on August 26, 2003. Earlier legal appearances an appeals made in the same issue by New York state; Attempt made by the state to block payment to the city...
- N.Y. Legislature Has No Plans to Clarify MAC-Bill Language. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31709, p1
Reports on the decision of the New York state legislature not to intervene in the battle over the Municipal Assistance Corp. (MAC) refinancing by passing clean-up legislation that would undercut Governor George E. Pataki's case against the deal New York City is trying to sell. Subjection of...