Sakura Wins Lawsuit
- Lissack's Lawyers Formally Notify Court of plan to Appeal Sakura Decision. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31725, p4
Reports on the plan of Michael Lissack's lawyer to appeal a court decision dismissing his yield-burning case against Sakura Global Capital Markets Inc. in Washington. Details of the case; Allegations of Lissack against Sakura; Provisions of the False Claims Act.
- Four Firms Settle Yield-Burning Suit. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31008, p1
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Michael Lissack against Sakura Global Capital Inc. Alleged corrupt bidding practices and yield burning; Yield-burning lawsuits settled in the United States.
- Lissack, Sakura Battling Over Yield-Burning Accusations. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31212, p6
Reports the yield-burning claims filed by Michael Lissack against Sakura Global Capital Markets Inc. in the United States. Context of the suit; Impact of fraud mispricing by Sakura on the Treasury Department; Effects of the jurisdictional bar of False Claims Act on the claim.
- NYSE arbitration panel throws out claims from Lissack, Smith Barney. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;07/06/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30428, p3
Reports that a New York Stock Exchange panel has dismissed claims by both whistleblower Michael Lissack that he was wrongfully terminated from Smith Barney Inc., and the firm's counterclaim of defamation. Remarks from Lissack after the decision; Details of the case; Charges against Lissack and...
- Lissack faces charge of harassing firm. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;08/04/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30449, p25
Reports that former investment banker Michael Lissack has arrested on charges of aggravated harassment on former employer, Salomon Smith Barney Inc. Wrongful termination suit Lissack filed against the firm; Lissack's contrivance of a story regarding a sick child; Corrupt practices in the United...
- Judge to review documents in Lissack case. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;12/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30797, p4
Reports that Judge Barbara Jones has agreed to review documents submitted by former Smith Barney Inc. banker Michael Lissack, as part of his yield-burning whistle-blower case against Smith Barney and the broker-dealer community. Determination of whether making the materials public is a...
- Lissack settles with SEC; threatens suit. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;02/23/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30336, p36
Focuses on the lawsuit filed against Smith Barney Inc. by its former managing director Michael Lissack. Smith Barney's alleged engagement in a pattern of yield-burning abuses; Possible impact of the $30,000 fine and five years imprisonment charged by the US Securities and Exchange Commission...
- Smith Barney's countersuit against Lissack is temporarily stayed as justice weighs case. Tunick, Britt // Bond Buyer;12/04/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30285, p6
Reports on the former managing director of the public finance department in Smith Barney Incorporated, Michael Lissack's efforts to have a slander countersuit against him by the company dismissed. Details on the countersuit being temporarily stayed on December 03, 1997; Circumstances...
- Arbitration allowed in Smith Barney case. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;04/21/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30376, p28
Reports that New York State Supreme Court Judge Herman Cahn has decided to allow Salomon Smith Barney Inc. to proceed with arbitration over its claim that former managing director Michael Lissack defamed the firm after he was fired in October 1995.