- Plan B. // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/25/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p10
Strange as it may sound, Cleveland Mayor Jane Campbell bailed out on supporting a tax hike for a new downtown convention center, as of August 25, 2003. The proposed quarter-point hike in the sales tax wasn't about the convention center at all, but rather was an attempted money grab by public...
- Convention issue may find way to the ballot. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p1
The top public officials in Cleveland and Cuyahoga County in Ohio say they expect to put a convention center issue before voters in March. But it appears divisions that hopelessly snarled the last go-round still exist. Cleveland Mayor Jane Campbell and two of the three county commissioners said...
- Mayor Jane's tax break idea can't get a break. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p23
This article focuses on Cleveland Mayor Jane Campbell who is getting impatient with City Council for not moving on her plan for a job-creation tax break. Campbell December 2004 brought up her idea to give businesses that bring jobs down-town a rebate of one-half of the income taxes paid by new...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/4/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31814, p31
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of February 2004. Rating on the debt of Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare; Introduction of spending plan by Cleveland mayor Jane Campbell; Public hearning of the Detroit City Council on a water rate increase.
- Now's no time to cut housing incentives. Tucker, Brian // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p10
The author says that he was surprised when Mike Dolan, a Cleveland City Council member, sent an e-mail regarding Cleveland Hopkins International Airport as a potential core asset that could be managed regionally. He says, Dolan, it appears, doesn't agree with Mayor Jane Campbell when she says...
- OHIO: Campbell's Support. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p42
Reports that former Cleveland, Ohio mayor and U.S. Representative Dennis Kucinich has given his support to Cuyahoga County, Ohio Commissioner Jane Campbell in the election campaigning for mayor held on November 6, 2001. Political career of Campbell; Opponent candidate of Campbell.
- Away we go. // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p8
Presents the author's views on the performance of the Jane Campbell as mayor of Cleveland, Ohio. Comments regarding the term of ex-mayor Mike White; Reaction to Campbell's priority on city finances; Suggestions on conducting a review of city operations.
- CVB pitching biz, blacks on city. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the participation of Mayor Jane Campbell in the Tele-Blitz, a telemarketing program by the Convention and Visitors Bureau of Greater Cleveland in Ohio. Efforts of the mayor to boost tourism in the area; Decline of conventions and meeting activities following the September 11, 2001...
- City seeks council approval for new tech director post. Bennett, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/5/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p7
Focuses on the proposal of Cleveland Mayor Jane Campbell, to create the position of technology director in Ohio. Job description for the position; Details on the annual salary; Emphasis on city planning, community, housing and building development.