- S&P; Water Sector Is Holding, But Droughts Could Bring Drops. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31684, p36
Reports that according rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. despite of stability in the water and sewer utility sector possibility for downgrading of the sector's credit rating exists due to prevailing drought conditions in the U.S. Impact of lack of water in supply portfolio on revenues of...
- Standard & Poor's Gives High Marks to Washington Water and Sewer Credits. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;5/1/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32371, p38
The article reports on the high marks given by rating agency Standard and Poor's Corp. to water and sewer utilities in Washington. According to a report, the state's water and sewer utilities performed well in all types of weather. The utilities carry stable, rather than positive outlooks from...
- NEBRASKA: Power District Boosted. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/6/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32810, p9
The article reports on the credit rating assigned by credit bureaus to Omaha Public Power District (OPPD) in Nebraska. Moody's Investors Service Inc. upgraded the district's senior and subordinated revenue bonds to Aa2 from Aa3 while Standard & Poor's Corp. rates the bonds AA. These ratings...
- Debt-backed mergers jeopardise credit rate. Grainge, Zoë // Utility Week;10/22/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p12
Reports on the risk of debt-backed mergers to the credit rating of European utilities. Threats to the credit quality for European utilities; Overview of a report by ratings agency Standard & Poor's.
- Utilities Face Ongoing Credit Hurdles. Hintze, John // High Yield Report;2/16/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p2
No abstract available.
- S&P assigns first issuer rating in California. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p5
Focuses on Standard & Poor's issuance of an issuer credit rating to Long Beach, California. Features of the rating; Reason for the issuance of the rating to Long Beach; Number of municipalities which have received such ratings.
- S&P Pushes Nassau County, N.Y., Up A Notch, Citing 'Significant Progress'. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p3
Reports that credit rating company Standard & Poor's Corp. has upgraded Nassau County, New York's ratings. Reasons cited for the upgradation; Upgrade of ratings by other credit rating companies; Issues to be resolved for the county.
- S& P Puts Michigan's AAA on Negative CreditWatch, With Eye on Shortfall Strategy. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31754, p31
Reports on the triple-A rating assigned by Standard & Poor's to Michigan. Approval of general obligation campaign program; Definition of the scope and cost of unfunded capital projects; Amount of the general fund balance.
- Puerto Rico Retains S&P Negative Watch . // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p5
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's Corp. on credit rating of Puerto Rico as of January 11, 2002. Projected gap in recurring revenue budgets; Availability of emergency funds to bridge the gap.