West Virginia Housing Fund Looks to Speed Up Bond Sale for County
- Better rates boost weekly inflows; daily paper tight. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;12/10/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30785, p10
Reports on highlights of the United States market for money market funds for the week ended December 10, 1999. Increase in total assets in tax-free money market funds; Narrowing gap between tax-free and taxable yields; Notable deals; Secondary market activity; Bond trading.
- Short-Term Scarcity Strains Relationships Between Dealers and Investors. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;07/31/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30943, p7
Reports on the scarcity of short-term variable-rate bond issuance in the United States as of July 31, 2000. Performance of money market funds.
- Where to park your cash reserves. // Dow Theory Forecasts;4/2/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 14, p9
Forecasts the money-market funds of several companies in the United States. Percentage annual expense ratio of the company; Calculation of the taxable-equivalent yield; Quality and maturity of the bond holdings. INSET: FORECASTS FUND ALLOCATION.
- Short-Term Rate Spike Eases, But Some Issuers Stay Wary. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30991, p1
Reports on developments relevant to money market funds in the United States as of October 6, 2000. Impact of short-term interest rates on issuers' decision to switch to fixed-rate bond obligations; Interest rates on variable-rate demand notes.
- The High Price of Higher Yields. Gengler, Amanda // Money;Jun2005, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p49
Reports on short-term bond funds. Loss of money in 2005 by short-term bond funds, despite the funds' higher yields; Suggestion to use money-market funds if cash is needed in a year or less and to use short-term bond funds if cash is not needed for a year or more; Charts detailing the yield and...
- Muni Money Funds Regain $1.02B. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;8/23/2013, p1
The article presents statistics related to rise in inflows of 1.02 billion U.S dollars into tax-exempt money market funds in the week ended August 19, 2013 as reported by the Money Fund Report, a service of financial company iMoneyNet.com.
- TOBs and Funds, Hand In Hand. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/18/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32673, p1
The article focuses on the increasing demand for tender-option bonds (TOBs) programs in the money market in the U.S. The author explains that TOBs became of the larger buyers of municipal debt and as a result create more options for money market fund managers to invest in. Moreover, the...
- Munis Steady as Market Waits for Issuance. Weitzman, Aaron; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/5/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F353, p1
After a frenzy-filled day in the primary on Wednesday, with the pricing of the Chicago Board of Education's $725 million deal that was originally scheduled for the previous week, the action will continue Thursday with a slew of large deals from issuers in Texas, Maryland and Georgia.
- East Baton Rouge Parish to Refund $94.2M of Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/9/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32853, p3
The article reports on the plan of East Baton Rouge Parish in Louisiana to refund $92.5 million of adjustable-rate bonds. The bonds were insured by Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. and need refunding because they could not be held by money market funds when the enhancement given by the bond...