Oregon Lawmakers OK $150 Million for MLB Stadium
- Tempe Turns the Tables With Lawsuit Against Arizona Airport Project. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/17/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31493, p32
Examines the causes of the shutting down of the construction of an Arizona Cardinals stadium in Tempe, Arizona. Interference with traffic patterns at Sky Harbor; Inclusion of the issue on air pollutant emissions; Revenue funds used for the finance of the stadium.
- Russia plans â‚¬5 billion sports stadium spend. // Construction Europe;Nov2012, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the plan of Russian to spend between four billion to five billion euros for the modernization of its training centers and sports stadiums that will be used in the 2014 Sochi Olympics and the 2018 World Cup.
- DC Seeks Proposals on Private Stadium Financing. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/28/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32038, p4
The article reports that the District of Columbia is advertising for proposals that would provide private financing for the development and construction of a $284 million baseball stadium for the Washington Nationals under legislation that was approved by the city council. The advertisements...
- California Lawmakers' Bill Aimed at Fast-Tracking New L.A. Stadium. WEBSTER, KEELEY // Bond Buyer;9/7/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33578, p5
The article reports on the legislation introduced by California Assembly Speaker John Perez and U.S. Senator Alex Padilla that would help fast-track a 3.1 billion dollars pro football stadium project in Los Angeles.
- Arizona Agency on Tight Schedule to Nail Down Cards Stadium Site. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31448, p3
Reports the selection of site for the construction of the Arizona Cardinals stadium. Issuance of revenue bonds; Absence of constructing in an Indian reservation; Realization of the development plan.
- Hamilton County, Ohio, Prepares Sale for Cincinnati Reds. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;10/23/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31001, p5
Reports on the plan of Hamilton County, Ohio to sell 275 million dollars of bonds for the Cincinnati Reds stadium. Structure of the bonds; Payment plans.
- St. Louis Lawmakers Hope Governor Will Endorse Stadium Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/24/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31124, p36
Reports on the issuance of bonds for the construction of a stadium for the Saint Louis Cardinals in Saint Louis, Illinois. Structure of the bonds; Payment terms.
- AN ANALYSIS OF THE ECONOMIC RATIONALE FOR PUBLIC SUBSIDIZATION OF SPORTS STADIUMS. Baade, Robert A. // Annals of Regional Science;Jul88, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p37
Proposals to provide public subsidy to sports stadiums are being debated in many locates. This paper examines a number of types of benefits asserted by proponents of subsidies direct municipal revenues from stadium events; multiplier benefits increasing income and sales in the area; the...
- Westbank F.N. I.R. #09 Pine Stadium Pavilion Capital Expend. By-law [B.C.]: WESTBANK FIRST NATION IR #09 PINE STADIUM PAVILION RECREATION PROJECT CAPITAL EXPENDITURE BY-LAW NO. 09-TX-01. // First Nations Gazette;2009, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p1999
The article offers information on the Westbank First Nation IR #09 Pine Stadium Pavilion Recreation Project Capital Expenditure By-law No. 09-TX-01. It notes that this by-law was created to authorize the expenditure of a maximum of two hundred and fifteen thousand U.S. dollars from money raised...