Counties in the Crosshairs: Moody's Focusing on N.Y
- A1 for Kittery. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/31/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32434, p33
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service upgraded its bond and credit rating on the town of Kittery, Maine prior to the competitive sale of general obligation bonds. The ratings upgrade is attributed to fiscal management with strong reserves, a growing tax base, tax-exempt property,...
- Moody's Sees More Tax-Backed Credit Upgrades Than Downgrades in '04. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p6
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s release of a study showing improvements in the creditworthiness of local governments in the U.S. Tax-backed ratings for local government-issued bonds; Ratings upgrades issued by Moody's in the second quarter of 2004.
- Moody's Restores Oyster Bay, N.Y. Rating, at Lowest Investment Grade. Coen, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/26/2017, Vol. 1 Issue 34650, p1
Moody's Investors Service restored the Town of Oyster Bay's credit rating Tuesday at an investment grade, a year after the Wall Street firm removed the rating of New York's fourth largest township citing to a lack of audited financial statements.
- Battery Charged Up. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31724, p37
Reports on the ratings allocated by Moody's Investors Service for the new-money and refunding deal of Battery Park City Authority in New York. Provision of fixed-rate portion; Reflection of resolution backing the debt; Increase of pledged revenues from residential towers.
- Moody's Drops Cicero, N.Y., to Baa 1. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31751, p2
Reports on Moody's Investor Service's downgrading of the central New York town of Cicero to Baa1 from A3.
- Moody's Drops Chicago GOs to Aa3 Over Budget, Reserve Woes. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/9/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33363, p3
The article reports on the negative rating given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the general obligation credit of Chicago, Illinois.
- Whitefish Bay Sinks. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/18/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33368, p9
The article reports that credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. downgraded the ratings of Whitefish Bay School Districts credit rating from Aa2 to Aa3 attributed to its decision to renege its moral obligation pledge in Wisconsin.
- Liberty Central Schools Raised to A1 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;12/14/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33432, p2
The article reports that the A1 general rating of the Liberty Central School District has been upgraded to A2 by Moody's Investors Service Inc. which affected 4.68 million dollars of outstanding long-term debt in New York.
- New London-Spicer SD Cut to A2 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;12/14/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33432, p2
The article reports that the A2 rating of New London-Spicer School District 345 in Minnesota has been downgraded to A1 by Moody's Investors Service Inc. which created an impact on the district's 12.1 million dollars of outstanding long-term general obligation debt.