NEWS IN BRIEF
- Munis Unchanged, Treasuries Rise; Texas Sells $7.43 Billion of Trans. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/27/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31707, p2
Reports that while there was little change in the market for municipal bonds in the U.S. on August 26, 2003, while treasuries rose and Texas led the new-issue market with the sale of 7.43 billion dollars of tax and revenue anticipation notes. Government response to the rise in the consumer...
- Confidence tumbles 11 points. // Furniture/Today;3/1/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p35
The article reports that Consumer Confidence Index declined by 11 points based on the report presented by the Conference Board in February 2010 in the U.S.
- Consumer confidence up. // Furniture/Today;12/5/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p1
The article reports that the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence index has jumped to 56.0 from 40.9 in the U.S. in October, 2011.
- Consumer Confidence Gains to 53.5 in August. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/1/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33376, p2
The article reports on the increase in consumer confidence from 51 percent in July 2010 to 53.5 percent in August 2010 in the U.S.
- Slovakia economic sentiment improves in February. // Regional Today;03/01/2013, p1
The article reports on the data from Slovakia's Statistical Office which showed that the economic sentiment indicator of the country has improved to 88.6 in February 2013 from 87.7 in previous month due to significant gains in the services and consumer confidence indexes.
- Consumer confidence rallies in December. // Furniture/Today;1/2/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p34
The article reports that Consumer Confidence Index has improved from 55.2 in November 2011 to 64.5 in December 2011.
- Consumer Confidence Up Slightly. // Home Textiles Today;12/7/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p18
The article offers information on various indexes showing the consumer confidence in the U.S. in November 2009, including the Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index, which rose to 49.5, the Present Situation Index, which is at 21.0, and the Expectations Index, which increased to 68.5.
- Stocks rally despite weak economy. Rombel, Adam // Business Journal (Central New York);10/1/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p13
In this article, the author discusses the trend of consumers' confidence during the down economic condition in New York, citing the Conference Board consumer-confidence index reading which reveals the declination of consumers' confidence in September 2010.
- Harsh winter weather chills consumer confidence in March. // Hill;3/31/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p18
The article informs that consumer confidence decreased slightly in March 2014 in the U.S. from being 81.6 in February 2014 to 80 in march 2014 over concerns about economic growth, which was abrupted during the cold winter.