Inquiry Not Likely to Harm CRRA's Rating, Analysts Say
- 'Fishy' contract withdrawn. // Supply Management;Apr2012, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p12
The article reports that the South Africa government is investigating contract awards in its Department of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries (DAFF), after one was withdrawn.
- Enron to be reborn? // Power Economics;Jun2002, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the restructuring of gas distribution system by Enron Corp.
- Enron saga grinds into another year. // Power Economics;Jan2003, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the Chapter 11 reorganization of power trader Enron Corp. Business plan of the administrators; Apprehension of the creditors concerning asset liquidation; Occurrence of additional losses on lawyer fees.
- Enron Downgrade: Time to Say Goodbye? Evans, Tim // Bank Loan Report;12/3/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p1
Reports that Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service have downgraded Enron Corp. to junk status. Yield of the company's 2006 bonds; Dynegy's takeover bid; Institutions affected by Enron's credit downgrading.
- Enron Facing Further Scrutiny. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;1/7/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 1, p2
Reports on the plan of a United States congressional committee to investigate the reason for the bankruptcy of Enron Corp. and its possible connection to the government. Statement from Joseph Lieberman, chairman of the Senate Governmental Affairs Committee; Speculations on the possible cause of...
- House Panel to Probe Rating Agencies. Heller, Michele // American Banker;3/26/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 58, p19
Reports that a House Financial Services subcommittee will held hearing to scrutinize the credit rating agencies in the U.S. on April 2, 2003. Activities of rating agencies to be examined by the panel.
- After Enron. Nader, Ralph // Progressive;Mar2002, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p18
Provides information on the investigation made by U.S. Congressional subcommittees on the Enron scandal. Classes of persons in the U.S. affected by the Enron scandal; Reforms needed in the U.S. government; Only way that the crime in the suites is going to be on the agenda of U.S. political...
- Taking On Enron. Ieron, Julie Allyson // Today's Christian Woman;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p54
Focuses on whistleblower Sherron Watkins, and details how she faced the toughest decision of her life in the thick of the Enron scandal. Watkins' career history; Accounting practices at Enron; Watkins' discovery that Enron's financial statements had inflated profits in 1999 and 2000; Meeting...
- The Enron Investigation. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;2/09/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p403
Presents the result of a public opinion poll about the privacy of meetings held by the U.S. Congress for the investigation on Enron Corp. Discussion on the U.S. energy policy; Knowledge of the public on the financial problems of the company.