Northrop Grumman Ship Systems Christens First San Antonio LPD
- The tradition of ship christenings. // Naval Aviation News;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p9
Presents information on the ritual of ship christenings. Practice of using wine or champagne; Description of christening ceremonies; Storage of champagne.
- Chapter Two. Kingston, W. H. G. // True Blue;3/ 1/2008, p6
Chapter Two of the book "True Blue" is presented. It highlights information on the birth of a baby of Molly Freeborn, wife of William Freeborn and the remarks made by the men on board the ship Terrible to the baby. It narrates that the baby will be christened as soon as the ship Terrible reached...
- Northrop Grumman Christens San Antonio. // Welding Journal;Sep2003, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p11
Reports that the first of a class of amphiphous transport dock ships, LPD 17 San Antonio, was christened at Northrop Grumman Corp.'s Ship Systems Avondale Operations in the United States. Repairs made to the ship; History of the ship.
- The new baptism rite. // U.S. Catholic;Feb87, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p6
Today's baptismal ritual stresses values--of believing, of faith, of becoming a member of Christ's Church. Baptism is less the private ritual than it used to be--the nuclear family gathered around the baptismal font. It is more of a communal ceremony, commonly including several babies and...
- Beyond Baptism, Jim Lo Scalzo's Baltimore Photo Reaches all the Way to Birmingham -- BagNews. // BAGnewsNotes;3/ 1/2012, p2
A photograph of a baptism ceremony held at the United House of Prayer For All People in Baltimore, Maryland is presented.
- West-siders go off the deep end. Walls, J.; Pener, D. // New York;4/13/92, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p13
Reveals that the board of directors at the Alfred luxury condominium have been involved in a dispute with a tenant who has been sponsoring baptisms in the swimming pool. Comments from tenant Gail Graves; Remarks made by board president Michael Graff.
- New and old together. Bartlett, D.L. // Christian Century;12/19/90 - 12/26/90, Vol. 107 Issue 37, p1193
Reflects on the meaning of baptism. Jesus' baptism by John; How the gospel relates to creation.
- Something to believe. Forde, Gerhard O. // Interpretation: A Journal of Bible & Theology;Jul93, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p229
Discusses the theological basis for the practice of infant baptism. Infants as children of Christian parents; Adherence to theological argument; Definition of baptismal faith; Absence of theological reason for withholding baptism from infants; Divine election or self-disposition of the human...
- A child is born. Lindvall, M.L. // Good Housekeeping;Dec90, Vol. 211 Issue 6, p116
Recounts the events surrounding the baptism of two different children. One child was from an average family, the other was the son of an unwed mother.