Port Security Funds: A Framework for Failure
- CBP Reaches International Maritime Security Milestone. // Caribbean Business;8/18/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 32, pS11
Reports that United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Commissioner Robert C. Boaner announced that maritime containers shipped to the U.S. are being screened through CBP's Container Security Initiative (CSI). Roles of CBP; CBP officers' partnership with foreign governments to identify...
- Port security keeps cargo moving safely and accurately. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/17/2006 Supplement, Vol. 7, p30B
Emphasizes the significance of security measures to cargo handling and operations at Maryland's Port of Baltimore. Implementation of an efficient cargo screening system at the port; Plan of the Maryland Port Administration to upgrade its terminal security systems; Overview of the security...
- Everyone has a stake in cargo security. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);2/17/2003, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p38
Focuses on security in the cargo industry in the U.S. Effect of the September 11, 2002 terrorist attacks; Need for security in the supply chain; Problems faced by the supply chain.
- Secure Investment. Page, Paul // Traffic World;12/1/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 48, p4
Reports on developments in the cargo security rules in the U.S. Screening of employees; Implementation of air cargo security program; Resource allocation for the securing of passengers and baggage in the aviation environment after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack.
- SHAKING IT OFF. Greenberg, David // Orange County Business Journal;2/24/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p9
Reports on record worth of cargo handled by the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach in California in 2002 despite a slow economy and a 10-day shutdown of West Coast ports. West Coast trade accounted for by the two ports; Comments of port spokesperson Julia Nagano on the record volume.
- Port of Hamburg Reports First-Half Throughput Increase. // Transportation & Distribution;Oct2002, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the announcement made by the Port of Hamburg that its total throughput for the first six months of 2002 has increased over the same period in 2001. Comparison between the cargo handled by the port and Bremen ports; Comments of Jurgen Sorgenfrei, chairman of the Port of Hamburg...
- India Plans to Triple Port Capacity by 2020. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);9/6/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p8
The article reports that the tripling of port capacity to 3.5 billion tons from 1 billion tons has been planned by India's shipping ministry in anticipation of an increase in cargo volume in the next ten years.
- Seattle seaport, by the numbers. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);12/23/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 51, p36
Features the Port of Seattle in Washington as of December 2002. Expectations on the increase in cargo volume; Rank among ports in the U.S.; Expansion of port facilities.
- Healthy box growth at Malaysian ports. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Feb2001, p4
Reports the growth of box traffic at Malaysian ports in year 2000. Increase in transhipments at Port Klang; Increase box traffic at container port Tanjung Pelepas.