Making a Great Public School
- Living in the past. // Curriculum Review;Jan1999, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p6
Describes the activities conducted by students of Mountain View Elementary at Tujunga, California during the Pioneer Day assembly. What the activities included; How students relived the days of 1800s; Sponsors of the event.
- Make reading a soar subject. // Curriculum Review;Jan1999, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p8
Describes the school-wide theme developed by the principal, Karen Hessler and the staff at Parker Elementary in Clinton Township, Michigan for its learning activities. Word that expresses the theme; Song; Commitment to read.
- How Do School Gardens Grow? // Weekly Reader - Edition 2;Mar2010, Vol. 79, Special section p3
The article focuses on a garden project at Chatham Elementary School in Illinois wherein students are growing spinach, lettuce, radishes and herbs.
- Hemphill staffers perform at talent show. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);6/25/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 12, p2C
A photograph of the "Special Performance" by Hemphill Elementary School staffers during the 2008 "Fusion" Talent Show is presented.
- Create an end-of-unit museum. // Curriculum Review;Jan1999, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p6
Highlights the discovery museum-in-progress, an idea integrated in the curriculum at Westgate Elementary in Fairfax, Virginia, which can also be adapted by other schools. Activities for children; Activities suited for first-graders; Projects of second-graders about Viking ships and farms;...
- YOUR GREEN PAGES. // Teaching Pre K-8;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p85
Offers various skill-building activities for pre-K through eighth grade students. Sounds for letters; Spelling right; Dancing; Decimal sequence maze.
- Cards, books and pizza. Merkel, Jim // Granite City Press-Record;11/16/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 81, pA1
The article reports on students in Gina Schubel's kindergarten class at Holy Family Elementary School in Granite City, Illinois, making cards for U.S. military members last week as a Veterans Day project. It was one of many activities students are doing as they move toward the half-way point of...
- School Improvement Through Staff Development. Sparks, Georgia; Nowakowski, Marsha; Hall, Burnis; Alec, Rudj; Imrick, Joseph // Educational Leadership;Mar1985, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p59
Discusses the Staff Development for School Improvement Model developed by Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan in 1981. Steps of the model; Details on the experiences of Michigan's Holbrook Elementary School and Orchard Hills Elementary School; Reasons for the effectiveness of the model.
- Implementing School Restructuring in the Inner City. Mirón, Louis F.; St. John, Edward P.; Davidson, Betty // Urban Review;Jun98, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p137
The purpose of this research was to examine school reform at a local level. Our analysis centered on the impact that the Accelerated Schools model had on two inner-city elementary schools in New Orleans. Key to our interpretation was addressing prevalent social issues, including poverty, racism,...