Making a Great Public School
- Living in the past. // Curriculum Review;Jan1999, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p6
Describes the activities conducted by students of Mountain View Elementary at Tujunga, California during the Pioneer Day assembly. What the activities included; How students relived the days of 1800s; Sponsors of the event.
- Make reading a soar subject. // Curriculum Review;Jan1999, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p8
Describes the school-wide theme developed by the principal, Karen Hessler and the staff at Parker Elementary in Clinton Township, Michigan for its learning activities. Word that expresses the theme; Song; Commitment to read.
- How Do School Gardens Grow? // Weekly Reader - Edition 2;Mar2010, Vol. 79, Special section p3
The article focuses on a garden project at Chatham Elementary School in Illinois wherein students are growing spinach, lettuce, radishes and herbs.
- Hemphill staffers perform at talent show. // Free Press (Buda, TX);6/25/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 12, p2C
A photograph of the "Special Performance" by Hemphill Elementary School staffers during the 2008 "Fusion" Talent Show is presented.
- Create an end-of-unit museum. // Curriculum Review;Jan1999, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p6
Highlights the discovery museum-in-progress, an idea integrated in the curriculum at Westgate Elementary in Fairfax, Virginia, which can also be adapted by other schools. Activities for children; Activities suited for first-graders; Projects of second-graders about Viking ships and farms;...
- YOUR GREEN PAGES. // Teaching Pre K-8;Mar2001, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p85
Offers various skill-building activities for pre-K through eighth grade students. Sounds for letters; Spelling right; Dancing; Decimal sequence maze.
- Cards, books and pizza. Merkel, Jim // Granite City Press-Record;11/16/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 81, pA1
The article reports on students in Gina Schubel's kindergarten class at Holy Family Elementary School in Granite City, Illinois, making cards for U.S. military members last week as a Veterans Day project. It was one of many activities students are doing as they move toward the half-way point of...
- Ingredients of a Successful School Effectiveness Project. McCormack-Larkin, Maureen // Educational Leadership;Mar1985, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p31
Discusses the elements of the successful school effective project of elementary schools in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in1979. Information on the Project RISE; Changes in staff attitudes; Changes in school practices and policies.
- reform&resolve. Bushman, James; Sahakian, Pauline // Leadership;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p34
Discusses factors contributing to improved test scores and increased learning at Yamato Colony Elementary School in Livingston, California. Role of principal Al Silveira as the supportive administrator; Training of teachers to differentiate and individualize instruction; Elements to successful...