Seeing the light in space
- HERSHEY, NEW YORK. // CREATIVITY;Nov2002, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p32
Focuses on the design of the Times Square Hershey retail store owned by chocolate company Hershey Foods Corp. in New York. Uniqueness of the store's design; Efforts employed by creative designer Brian Collins for designing the layout of the store; Proposed time of opening the store.
- The details are in the plans. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age;Dec95 Section 1, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p148
Provides pointers in developing cost specifications in retail store construction. Importance of a comprehensive set of working drawings; Creation of the specification outline; Development of a responsibilities grid.
- The design/build option. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Apr95, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p112
Reports that an increasing number of retailers are utilizing design/build negotiated contracts to expand and build new facilities in the United States. Cutting back on in-house development teams; Involvement of design/build contractor in the early stages of the project; Development of the...
- Product stars here. Salas, Teresa // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jul97, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p50
Focuses on the store Studio 330 located in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, while reflecting on its design and construction. Achievements of the store; Information on the design and construction; Details on the store's interior decor.
- Subway set to be third downtown operation. Fink, James // Buffalo Law Journal;11/17/2011, Vol. 83 Issue 92, p9
The article reports on the move of the Buffalo Planning Board to consider a proposal from local architect Lawrence Senear regarding the construction of a 3,000-square-foot downtown facility of Subway Store in Buffalo, New York.
- Toast to a pop-up. Walker, Malcolm // Architecture New Zealand;Nov/Dec2010, Issue 6, p54
The article focuses on the construction of the Mini Garage, a car, cafÃ© and product placement shop in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Fashion's empire builders. Withers, Jane // Harper's Bazaar;Mar97, Issue 3424, p344
Features the architects of fashion designers' flagship stores and their works. Detail of the interior of Jill Sander's 1993 Pris Flagship store, designed by Michael Gabellini; Interior of Calvin Klein's 1995 New York flagship store, designed by John Pawson; Architects' design concepts and...
- RETAIL. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/22/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 51, Special section p15
The article offers information on the construction Tanger Outlet Center in Michigan and the Verizon prototype design store in Merrillville, Indiana.
- THE RETAIL DESIGN AWARDS ARE LOOKING FOR WINNERS. // Interior Fitout;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that the Retail Design Institute is seeking entries for the Retail Design Awards in Australia.