- Domestic mills facing import challenges. // Furniture/Today;8/25/2003 Supplement, Vol. 27, p60
Reports on the state of fabric-covered upholstery in the U.S. Inability of U.S. fabric producers to beat import prices; Number of mill closings; Performance rating of domestic upholstery industry.
- Take a seat: There ain't your mama's fabrics. Andrews, Susan // Furniture/Today;9/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the popularity of stain-resistant apparel fabrics in the furniture industry and trade in the U.S. Increase of consumer awareness to performance fabrics; Assessment of the proprietary substances; Acceptance of microfibers in apparel advertising.
- Belgians hit quieter times. // Cabinet Maker;03/19/99, Issue 5130, p2
Reports that Belgian fabric firms and their suppliers are braced for a quieter year in 1999. Holding of the annual Belgian Upholstery Fabrics and Trimmings Show; Significant drop in activity in the fourth quarter of 1998 according to textile federation Febeltex; Belgium as the number one...
- Creative makes the carousel Swing with the latest C-T wonder fabric. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;04/30/99, Issue 5136, p8
Features the fabric used in furniture manufactured by Great Britain-based furniture manufacturer Creative Upholstery. Testing of the fabric; Texture of the fabric; Design of Creative Upholstery's sofa.
- Sheer quality. Knight, Deena // Cabinet Maker;03/24/2000, Issue 5180, p21
Focuses on the optimism of the textile industry and furniture companies in Great Britain. Participation of exhibitors during High Point's Winter Showtime event; Advantage of giving the consumer the choice of buying better fabrics; Example of textile prices.
- Decorex sees positive mood. Pridham, Elspeth // Cabinet Maker;9/28/2001, Issue 5257, p5
Reports the success of Decorex, an exhibition of furniture, fabrics lighting and accessories at the Royal Hospital Chelsea in Great Britain. Features of the show; Effects of the terrorist attacks in the United States on the attendance of the show; Participation of international companies in the...
- Shop window. // Cabinet Maker;12/6/2002, Issue 5316, p6
Presents a display of products in the furniture market. Versatile color ranges of chenille in the Cedrino collection; Memphis range of bedlinens from Vantona Bed spring collections; Designs of the Terran Bed from Limelight Beds Co.
- No sweat for new bed design. // Cabinet Maker;11/12/2004, Issue 5414, p3
Reports on the use of high technology sportswear fabric in the bed market in Great Britain.
- Harbingers of things to come? Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;1/7/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p39
Reports the global developments on furniture industry as of January 2002. Introduction of fabrics at Showtime in High Point and Heimtextil in Germany; Presentation of various home products; Abundance of luxury fabrics with innovative constructions.