New north London site for Cornwell Parker
- Cornwell Parker buys Stag brands. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;08/25/2000, Issue 5202, p2
Reports on Cornwell Parker's acquisition of the Sandringham, Stag Minstrel, Aspects and Stag Upholstery furniture brands in Great Britain. Cornwell's plans in developing the brands; Factories assigned to produce the brands.
- Silentnight aims takeover bid at Cornwell Parker. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;09/29/2000, Issue 5207, p1
Focuses on the takeover approach launched by British furniture manufacturer Silentnight Holdings for Cornwell Parker. Possible union of Great Britain's best known bed and furniture brands; Profits and sales of the combined group.
- Silentnight goes for gold. // Cabinet Maker;09/29/2000, Issue 5207, p8
Focuses on Silentnight Holdings' takeover approach for Cornwell Parker and its implications for the British furniture industry. Market's speculation about what Silentnight would keep out from the Cornwell Parker portfolio; Silence of Cornwell Parker chief executive Bill Simpson about the...
- News in brief. // Cabinet Maker;11/20/98, Issue 5115, p2
Reports on developments in the furniture industry in Great Britain as of November 20, 1998. Ticket hotlines to contact for obtaining entry to furniture shows; Drop in share prices of Cornwell Parker; Relocation of Acclaim Upholstery.
- The best of both worlds? Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/20/2000, Issue 5210, p7
Focuses on the impact of the merger of Silentnight and Cornwell Parker on the furniture manufacturing sector consolidation in Great Britain. Establishment of Silentnight Holdings chief executive, Bill Simpson, as a significant person in the furniture manufacturing industry; Gaps filled by...
- Silentnight aims takeover bid at Cornwell Parker. // Cabinet Maker;7/6/2007, Issue 5545, p58
The article reports on the possible acquisition of Cornwell Parker by Silentnight Holdings in Great Britain. The acquisition will strengthen the position of Silentnight as the largest furniture manufacturer in the country and will also combine the best known bed and furniture brands. The company...
- Allied holds on to gains despite store sale doubts. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;11/27/98, Issue 5116, p8
Focuses on the financial performance of furniture retailers, suppliers and manufacturers in Great Britain as of November 23, 1998. Includes financial gains of Allied Carpets despite speculation about the sale of 27 stores to Carpetright; Increase in Magnet's operating profits; Financial losses...
- Cornwell Parker boosts profit. // Home Furnishings;May96, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p3
Reports on developments pertaining to Cornwell Parker. Quadrupling of trading profit in the six months ended January 31, 1996; Reduction of sales in the fabrics division.
- Cornwell Parker joins at the seams. // Cabinet Maker;07/24/98, Issue 5098, p5
Reports on the merger of Cornwell Parker's Parker Knoll Fabrics & Wallpapers and GP&J Baker divisions.