Rising to the design challenge
- Furniture's rich pickings. // Cabinet Maker;4/23/2004, Issue 5385, p6
Reports on the inclusion of furniture and furnishings related individuals in the list of 1000 richest people in Great Britain. Mathias and Jonas Kamprad, sons of Ikea AB founder, Ingvar; Leeke family, owner of the eponymous South West chain; Peter and John Clarke, successor in Silentnight Holdings.
- The might of IKEA. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;9/19/2003, Issue 5356, p16
Reveals the views of local owners and designers on the impact of furniture store chain IKEA on the British furniture market. Education provided by Ikea for contemporary design; Ikea's role in bringing down furniture costs; Growth of consumer awareness and interest in furniture; Deflation.
- IKEA hits big in Web promo. // Furniture/Today;07/17/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p93
Reports on the overwhelming response received by furniture manufacturer Ikea's online offer of $75-off coupons in April 2000.
- Silentnight Furnitute to lay off 70 staff. // Cabinet Maker;3/26/2004, Issue 5381, p4
Reports on the dismissal of 70 employees by Silentnight Furniture company in Great Britain. Poor sales performance of the company; Implementation of flexible work scheme in an effort to improve efficiency; Hope that new product developments will improve sales performance.
- Good old Billy. Pearman, Hugh // Design Week;2/8/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p10
The article applauds furniture maker Ikea for taking a highly successful product and redesigning it to better serve consumers. According to the author, Ikea's Billy bookcase has been redesigned to be leaner and more compact. The author discusses the lessons product designers and manufacturers...
- Upgrades and American style. // Cabinet Maker;5/16/2003, Issue 5338, p5
Reports on the upgrading of the technical specifications of home furnishings maker Silentnight Furniture in Great Britain.
- Ikea finds a home in Brooklyn. Racine, Theresa // New York Amsterdam News;10/31/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 44, p32
Reports on the launch of a store of furniture manufacturing company Ikea AB in New York City, New York. Estimated number of jobs created by the store; Proposal of the company to solve traffic problems due to its store's location; Plans of the company to expand its store.
- Green light for Ikea in Glasgow. // Cabinet Maker;11/17/2000, Issue 5214, p2
Reports on the Scotland government's approval of Ikea's proposal to open a furniture store in Glasgow.
- GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;6/20/2003, Issue 5343, p31
Presents news briefs of interest to furniture retailers as of June 20, 2003. Environmental protection campaign of Ikea's Canadian staff; British councilors' demand for outgoing mayors to pay the full price of their office furniture.