Overcome your fears and close the sale
- How to make salespeople more effective. Graham, John // Proofs;Sep2011, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p12
The article offers suggestions on how to make salespeople realize that customers are in charge of the sales process. It states that customers expect to be their own salespeople, and they like to play. It advises salespeople to initiate communication, not the sales pitch. Characteristics of the...
- Why Do Salespeople Sell? Multinational Study Reveals Motivation. // Baylor Business Review;Fall2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p44
Discusses a study on the sales motivation and practices of salespeople in different countries, presented at the annual convention of the Society for Marketing Advances in November 2003. Countries included for the study; Data collection; Indications of the findings.
- Show passion, focus on the big picture to make more sales. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/18/2008, Issue 323893, p13
The article discusses the techniques on how salesmen boost their sales and increase their customers. According to the author, salespeople should put guidelines on sales in their mind to familiarize tips for effective selling. He suggests that they should identify their principles for success,...
- It's election time, and your customers are voting. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/15/2008, Issue 323905, p17
The article discusses the purchasing strategies. The buying criteria are listed which include ease of doing business, belief in product and durability of product. It is noted that a sales person must build enough credibility so that the prospect customer will feel secure and trust the person...
- THE VARIANCE IN SALES PERFORMANCE EXPLAINED BY THE KNOWLEDGE STRUCTURES OF SALESPEOPLE. Sharma, Arun; Levy, Michael; Evanschitzky, Heiner // Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management;Spring2007, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p169
The last major study of sales performance variance explained by salespeople attributes was by Churchill et al. (1985). They examined the effect of role, skills, motivation, personal factors, aptitude, and organizational/environmental factors on sales performance--factors that have dominated the...
- The secret and the power of making the connection. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal (Central New York);9/29/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p9
The article focuses on the factors to be considered by salespeople in making the connection with customers and the business community. The author points out that salespeople want to connect more to sell more and to succeed more. To succeed, the secret is to become, known first wherein the...
- Are you the salesperson people hope you'll be? Gitomer, Jeffrey // Inside Tucson Business;11/7/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p21
Focuses on the characters and characteristics of an effective salesperson. Ability of understanding the importance of sacrificing short-term gains in order to build for the future; Qualities of a successful salesperson; Possession of loyalty to the company and customers.
- Communicating Personal Power. Haddock, Patricia // American Salesman;Jun2003, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p30
Provides tips to salespeople for communicating personal power. Skills developed by communicating a sense of personal power.
- Ideas That Hinder Sales Performance: All Customer Contact Must Go Through Me. Kahle, Dave // American Salesman;Sep2009, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p3
The article discusses why the practice of calling the sales person for every customer concern hinders sales performance. It states that customer calls fill the sales person's day with unnecessary administrative tasks which can be done better and cheaper by someone else inside the company....