Counter bid rumours hold Selfridges' price
- Selfridges Deadline Nears. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/16/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 101, p3
Reports on the nearing deadline of the bidding for the sale of the department store Selfridges Ltd. in London, England. Offer of businessman Galen Weston to buy the store; Cost of the sale proposed by Weston; Number of days left for final decision of the bid.
- Competitive Note Offerings. // Bond Buyer;3/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31336, p9
Presents a chart of information on competitive note offerings in the U.S. as of March 4, 2002. List of issuers of the notes; Details of sale amount and time, maturity and legal advisors of notes.
- And the mystery bidder is. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/15/97, Vol. 127 Issue 51, p92
States that Kim and Gary Magness, attorneys for Tele-Communications Incorporated (TCI), are trying to identify the person who bid 30.6 million supervoting in TCI B shares. List of the potential buyers who attended a hearing in Arapahoe County, Colorado; Indication that John Malone was removed...
- Stock Exchange -conflicts of interest. // Accountancy;Jan1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1097, p18
Reports on the British stock exchange's issuance to member corporations draft proposals for handling potential conflicts of interest under a market structure expected to be in place by autumn 1986. Requirements for brokers; Obligations of members or registered representatives; Handling of...
- Trio deny Bentalls' bid. // Cabinet Maker;06/15/2001, Issue 5242, p3
Reports that Selfridges, Allders and Minerva have cast doubt on suggestions that they will bid for department store group Bentalls.
- Morton's Sale Hits Complications. // Restaurant Business;6/15/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 11, p15
Reports the bid offer of billionaire financier Carl Icahn for the stock of Morton's Restaurant Group in New Hyde Park, New York. Rate offer per share; Advantages of the offer; Accusations of shareholder Barry Florecue against the Morton's management.
- Conflicts of interest will abound in battle for M&S. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week (01419285);6/10/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p27
Comment on the role of privatization on the private equity in Great Britain. Contribution to the cause of conflicts of interest; Allegations of conflicts of interest to emerge before the retailer Marks & Spencer takeover; Determination of the initial competitive bidding.
- Conflict of interest probe hits FirstLaw. // PFI Report;Apr2002, Issue 62, p3
Reports on a potential conflict of interest at FirstLaw, a legal advisory firm which advises on legal purchasing in England, due to its method for charging fees for its services. Information on the terms outlined by FirstLaw in tender documents for a project in Wellingborough; Implications for...
- MOL and OMV vie for PKN stake. Nashaat, Dan // Budapest Business Journal;2/4/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p23
Announces the bid of Hungarian oil and gas company MOL Rt and Austrian counterpart OMV AG for a stake in PKN Orlen, an oil company in Poland. Decision of the government to review the privatization strategy for PKN; Negotiation for the relief of the gas division of MOL; Account of the business...