Sales tonic for ScS
- ScS first foots into Scotland as part of expansion plans. // Cabinet Maker;5/17/2002, Issue 5287, p1
Reports on the entry of ScS into the retail market in Scotland. Opening of a store by ScS in Edinburgh; Fortification of the presence of the chain in the South West; Increase of the effectiveness of its advertising on the expansion of the company.
- Buoyant May despite grim forecasts. // Cabinet Maker;6/27/2008, Issue 5593, p10
The article reports that May 2008's buoyant increase in retail sales shocked analysts who had talked down expectations of consumer spending in Great Britain. Analysts at investment bank Piper Jaffray Cos., expecting a cut in the final dividend, have set a gloomy 17p price target for the shares....
- ScS cracks Easter sales. // Cabinet Maker;4/15/2005, Issue 5434, p4
Reports on the sales performance of ScS Inc. during easter holiday. Factor attributed to the sales growth; Reduction in the profit performance of the store chain in some period; Estimated rise in sales for the six months for the year as compared to the same period in 2004.
- ScS shelves store plans. // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2008, Issue 5571, p5
The article focuses on the business plans of ScS Inc. in Great Britain. The company has no plans to open or refurbish any stores due to its 16% drop in like-for-like sales as of December 26, 2007. It warned that the situation is unlikely to improve in the foreseeable future after poor trading...
- ScS expects sales growth to cool. // Cabinet Maker;2/11/2005, Issue 5425, p6
The article reports that ScS Corp. has lifted sales growth over the winter sale, despite not picking up many consumers who would have shopped at Courts before its collapse. ScS's product range is more up market than Courts, and Mike Browne, ScS executive chairman has said the value of its...
- Sofa retailers put on a brave face. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;4/11/2008, Issue 5583, p6
The article reports on the sales of sofa retailers in Great Britain. Laura Ashley Holdings PLC has achieved 6p to 26p on full-year pre-tax profits increased by 62 percent. Marks & Spencer Group PLC has remained at 386p, however some technical analysts say a medium-term down trend is dragging the...
- Mystery Shopper Middlebrough. // Cabinet Maker;05/04/2001, Issue 5236, p10
Presents a shopping experience at SCS Co. in South Bank Centre in Great Britain.
- Profits soar in record year for ScS. // Cabinet Maker;12/6/2002, Issue 5316, p4
Reports on the record pre-tax profits experienced by furniture distributor ScS Co. in Great Britain. Percentage of turnover; Average order value; Plans in opening new stores.
- ScS looks to the south. // Cabinet Maker;12/19/97, Issue 5069, p4
Reports that ScS chief executive Mike Browne sent staff at the Sunderland, England, office floral tributes to celebrate the opening of the firm's floatation at 112 pounds per share.