Bank Holiday crowds bypassed retailers
- CONTENTS. Cooper, George // Cabinet Maker;6/29/2012, Issue 5794, p5
The article focuses on the use of sale by furniture retailers as a tool to fight against the effect of the downturn in Great Britain, wherein a research from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) confirms that retailers used sales to help drive footfall compared to previous years.
- Retail uptick boosts premarket mood. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;9/22/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p43
Reports that an increase in retail sales has influenced positive attitude of retailers in the pre-market activity of the furniture industry and trade in North Carolina. Companies that participated in the pre-market activity; Impact of the activity on the sales of furniture companies who signed...
- Retail Intelligence. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/5/2003, Issue 5367, p16
Reports development related to furniture industry in Europe as of December 2003. Sales of living cabinets; Increase in the sales of bedroom cabinet retailers; Annual growth sales of the industry.
- U.S. revises industry numbers. // Furniture/Today;8/20/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p14
Reports improvement in the furniture retail sales in the United States. Consumer demand for furniture and bedding; Increase in the consumer furniture spending; Comparison of the sales performance between 1998 and 1999.
- Mattress Firm gains 72 units. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;06/04/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p8
Presents the top 100 fast growing furniture firm in the United States. Percentage of sales increase for Mattress Firm; Achievement of the 270-store bedding specialty retailer of the best unit-count growth; Dominance of Super Stores of America in the equivalent-store sales.
- Analysis -- January 2008. // Retail Trade;Jan2008, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the increasing sales of the retail industry in Canada as of January 2008. Building and outdoor home supplies stores led the way at 3.2%, followed by clothing and accessories stores at 2.9%, furniture, home furnishing and electronics stores at 2.5%. On the strength of these...
- Kiosks help consumers apply for own financing. Barnes, Marc // Furniture/Today;3/6/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p17
The article reports on the changes in retail furniture financing of Kiosks, which helps consumers to privately apply for credit right in the furniture store in the U.S. Joseph Zuber, a client manager for CitiFinancial, said that the advent of kiosks has prompted his company to branch out in...
- Furniture Finance Plan Could Help Piano Business. // Music Trades;Jun2006, Vol. 154 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the effort of U.S. furniture makers to lobby banks and other financial institutions to offer them an increase in furniture upgrade option, in 2006. Under the furniture upgrade option, the bank could approve an additional U.S. $ 16,000, which could be applied to the...
- Top 25 bedding retailers. // Furniture/Today;11/29/2004 List Supplement, Vol. 29, p38
Focuses on the top 25 furniture bedding retailers in the U.S. Rankings; Name of Company; Estimated bedding sales.