Maine to Vote on $89 Million in Debt
- MAINE. LaMontagne, Beth // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p20
The article deals with the revenue forecast for Maine until 2010. Governor John Baldacci and the state legislature are grappling with projections that indicate revenue will be down by $75 million. Based on the article, the news comes at a bad time for Maine because the state is still struggling...
- Maine Governor Calls Lawmakers to Special Session on Bonding, School Aid. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;7/24/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31684, p4
Reports that John Baldacci, governor of Maine, has called a special session during the month of August, 2003 to settle dispute on proposed economic development bonds and state funding for school aid in Maine. Reason behind calling the special session; Amount for economic development proposed by...
- Maine Gov. Drops Referendum Plans, Facing Lack of Support. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/19/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31951, p36
Reports on the cancellation of the bond referendum plan of Governor John Baldacci in Maine. Issuance of general obligation bonds during the current fiscal year; Decision of the joint Appropriations and Financial Affairs Committee; Impact of the state's GO bond on local investors.
- Maine Governor Unveils 2-Year Transportation Plan, Including $75 Million of Debt. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;4/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31606, p3
Maine Governor John Baldacci introduced the second of four bond ballot initiatives that will be put before the state Legislature, a 622 million dollars two-year transportation plan that includes 75 million dollars of state borrowing. The Democratic governor's plan, released on March 31, 2003...
- Maine Governor Wants Voters to See $70M Package in June, Not November. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/18/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31595, p32
Reports on the efforts of Maine governor John Baldacci to speed-up the $70 million economic development bond package as of March 18, 2003. Highlights of the bond package; Budget deficit of the state.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Vadum, Matthew; Piazza, Johanna; Newman, Emily; D'Ambrosio, Gillian; McDonald, Michael; Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31826, p35
Presents news briefs related to government bonds in the U.S. as of February 2004. Maine Governor John Baldacci's release of details of his $120 million bond proposal; Maryland Community Development Administration's plan to sell local government infrastructure bonds.
- The Politics of Debt. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31948, p35
Reports on Maine Governor John Baldacci's presentation of his proposal for a bond referendum which calls for issuing $40 million in new debt. Need for a two-thirds majority in both chambers to approve any bond referendum proposal before it can be presented to voters in fall 2004.
- Maine Legislature Approves $5.3 Billion Biennial Budget. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31803, p34
Both houses of the Maine Legislature have approved a 5.3 billion dollar biennial budget package on March 27, 2003 as a first step in remedying the state's budget deficiencies. Despite the consensus on the two-year budget package, a 48 million dollar gap for the biennium budget has yet to be...
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, p35
Reports development related to bonds in the U.S. as of March 2004. Announcement of Maine governor John Baldacci's plan for property tax relief; Approval of Rockland County legislature on the sale of short-term debt; Decline of Allentown's general obligation and guaranteed debt issue.